Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Corona Virus potential long term impact?

Just now, Headbutt said:

Seriously, if you're going to split hairs do it over something that matters.  Who gives a shit what you call it.  Historians refer to it as the Spanish Flu, so that's what people say.  It killed a whole bunch of folks.  I think we should mandate that all history books change the name to "that really bad disease that folks got".  I'm pretty sure all those dead people will come back to life if we fix the "racist" implications of the name.  C'mon man.

So you don't want the last major pandemic named after your country, but it's not an issue to name the current one after a different one...?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Wyobraska said:

The constant contradicting himself, the tweets, and his horrible speaking and adjectives makes him look like an idiot to many.  Not Presidential at all.  He has done well lately though in regards to this situation.  Have to give credit where credit is due

Like I said, not a fan of Donald Trump but a huge fan of his policies.  Agree, not very presidential.  I just lived through 16 years of "presidential".  I'll take a stable economy (Covid aside) and national security over presidential any day.  I do wish somebody would toss his cell phone in the Potomac though.  The tweets are ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So you don't want the last major pandemic named after your country, but it's not an issue to name the current one after a different one...?

Can you do that in English?  I have no idea what you're saying.

The virus is called COVID-19 or Coronavirus.  It was called the Wuhan Virus but at no point has it ever been called the Chinese virus.  That is something Trump made up.  Why?  He clearly wants to SPECIFICALLY call it that to emphasize its from China.  He goes out of his way to call it that on purpose.  The question is why.  

4 minutes ago, namssa said:

The virus is called COVID-19 or Coronavirus.  It was called the Wuhan Virus but at no point has it ever been called the Chinese virus.  That is something Trump made up.  Why?  He clearly wants to SPECIFICALLY call it that to emphasize its from China.  He goes out of his way to call it that on purpose.  The question is why.  

Link?  I'm going to call bullshit on this until you can back up your statement.

BTW.  It did start in China and China did hide it from the rest of the world.

The all hallowed WHO has referred to it as the Wuhan Virus.  Just sayin'.

And yes, the best name for it is Covid19 although there are more clinical terms.  Coronavirus is a much more catch-all term for everything from SARS and MERS to the common cold.

16 minutes ago, namssa said:

Well, the president is the very definition of a demagogue.  It got him elected, so why change now?

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-19-20-intl-hnk/h_21c623966aa148dbeed242de4e94943e

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Not hard to argue at all IMO, situation aside.  I'm not the world's biggest Trump fan by any means, but he is a lot sharper than any of his predecessors since Reagan and despite personal opinions of the man, his policies have been the best thing to happen to this country in a very long time.

What, not a fan of the Clinton years?

Best 8 years of my life.

First Democrat I ever voted for.

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

What, not a fan of the Clinton years?

Best 8 years of my life.

First Democrat I ever voted for.

No. Not a fan of the Clinton years.  Clinton was a pussy.  His wife led him around like a bull with nose tongs. Yeah, the same hag that put the state department up for sale.  His foreign policy was all about public applause.  As his legacy gets recorded and publicized, I become less of a fan.  He did understand the need for the economy to succeed though.  Head and shoulders above Obama.

I might find myself there with Trump at some point, but for now...no.  Clinton is low on my totem pole, and not because he tapped an intern.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Like I said, not a fan of Donald Trump but a huge fan of his policies.  Agree, not very presidential.  I just lived through 16 years of "presidential".  I'll take a stable economy (Covid aside) and national security over presidential any day.  I do wish somebody would toss his cell phone in the Potomac though.  The tweets are ridiculous.

I've been in my current business for fifteen years.

The last three years have been my best ever...by a bunch.

Coincidence? I think not.

1 hour ago, LoboSage said:

I've been in my current business for fifteen years.

The last three years have been my best ever...by a bunch.

Coincidence? I think not.

That is the biggest reason those in private business and their work force vote for Trump and will again. After eight years of anti business over regulating Obama, those in private business don’t want to return to those Democrat years. 

35 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

A giant government cluster phuck all around. And people want the government running our health care system? 

In all fairness, the UK, Canada, and France - all who provide government-run universal healthcare - all spend way less per capita than we do.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-19-at-10-12-44-PM.pn

Link

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

10 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

In all fairness, the UK, Canada, and France - all who provide government-run universal healthcare - all spend way less per capita than we do.

Link

If we sent every US Citizen a GEO metro paid for by tax money just think about, we could cut auto spending by 75%!

26 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Link

You ever heard the adage you get what you pay for? I had a neighbor friend vacationing in Mexico whose wife got really sick. He took her to a hospital, and was getting the run around. He took her from the hospital to the airport, hired a pilot to fly them to the nearest hospital in the US. When they got there her appendix had nearly ruptured. Granted Mexico is not on your list, but you get the picture. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You ever heard the adage you get what you pay for? I had a neighbor friend vacationing in Mexico whose wife got really sick. He took her to a hospital, and was getting the run around. He took her from the hospital to the airport, hired a pilot to fly them to the nearest hospital in the US. When they got there her appendix had nearly ruptured. Granted Mexico is not on your list, but you get the picture. 

Lulwut? No, I don't get the picture. I've lived and worked in the developing world for over half a decade.

France, Japan, the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Australia, and Netherlands have healthcare facilities as good as our own. Mexico they are not.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Lulwut? No, I don't get the picture. I've lived and worked in the developing world for over half a decade.

France, Japan, the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Australia, and Netherlands have healthcare facilities as good as our own. Mexico they are not.

First, you’re comparing apples and oranges as far as culture and population. Second, waiting times need to be considered also. Third, Bernie isn’t going to be president.