Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sjsbuff

Rudy Gobert - an All-time Idiot

13 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

You're wrong, I am a healthcare professional. If this was airborne then you could get it by air being ventilated from one room to the next where an infected person is, which is not the case. Coming into contact with droplets and then touching your mouth, nostrils, or eyes will transmit the disease. 

Fair point.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

You sound like the loudest guy at the lynch party that yells hang him high. 

You sound like you didn't read the whole string.  And eff-off with your "lynch" reference. That's way out of line.  I'm a pretty forgiving person, but I don't suffer fools lightly.  I've already said I respect the fact he's apologized.  While you seem content in dissecting my comments/responses, why don't you go ask Rudy's teammate how they feel about him right now.  I don't think I have anything on them...  

On 3/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, sjsbuff said:

JFC.  Some of you guys.  I'm not arguing that.  Where did I say that wouldn't be the case?  I'm saying Gobert acted like an ignorant fool in front of the cameras.  Also, and more on point, that he may have exposed himself during his idiotic act with all the microphones.  

It's generally been reported that the virus takes 2-14 days to incubate.  Who's to therefore say he didn't contract the virus then and there?   That's what I've been criticizing all along - him recklessly (and potentially) exposing himself to the virus - assuming he didn't already have it - and, by extension, the people around him.  Again, if you think it's no big deal then I dare anyone here to do essentially the exact same thing he did on Monday.  Just go out and shake, oh, maybe 25 people's hands instead (strangers).  For shitz and giggles, try rubbing your face on and off again afterwards (based on his prior attitudes, I'm pretty sure he didn't think that was a potentially big deal either).  Let's see what that'll get you.  

Anyway, I respect the fact that Gobert has now admitted he was "careless":  

"I have gone through so many emotions since learning of my diagnosis, mostly fear anxiety and embarrassment," Gobert wrote on Instagram.

"The first and foremost thing is I would like to publicly apologise to the people that I may have endangered.

"At the time, I had no idea I was even infected. I was careless and make no excuse. I hope my story serves as a warning and causes everyone to take this seriously."

Gobert said he would now hope to educate others about the risks of infection.

"I will do whatever I can to support using my experience as way to educate others and prevent the spread of this virus," he said.

"I am under great care and will fully recover. I encourage everyone to take all of the steps to stay safe and healthy."

We still don't know how many people he might've transmitted the virus to.  We may well never know the full extent of that, but that's at least part of the story that has yet to unfold...

He was most likely infected by his mother who came over from France a couple weeks prior to his "incident".

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Rudy was feeling slightly sick for three days and is already better. Donovan Mitchell, who has it, says he feels completely asymptomatic. 

Well, there ya go. Two 20 something world class athletes have no problem fighting off Covid 19, it's no big deal. Let's all get back to the party.