Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

NBA Has Suspended The Season

NBA suspends season until further notice. I don't really follow the NBA until the college basketball season is over, so I might not have any NBA at all this year. :shrug:

5 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

There is probably multiple athletes with it already....

They aren't affected by it.

Gobert isn't even ill. Dude was healthy enough to play in tonights game but was still positive.

So we should expose hundreds of players to it? As well as their coaches, officials, trainers, members of the media.

2 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

A small percent will be affected by it but most won't. 18-22 yo males in awesome shape with limited or no comorbidities are pretty safe. But it infects enough of them SOME will end up in the hospital and it could even lead to a death.  

None of these young dudes are gonna be fazed by coronavirus.

It's their 80 year old grandparents they visit that will be +++++ed.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

None of these young dudes are gonna be fazed by coronavirus.

It's their 80 year old grandparents they visit that will be +++++ed.

The “Swine flu” was much, much worse yet there wasn’t any cancellations of football, basketball, baseball and soccer games.

5 minutes ago, sebasour said:

So we should expose hundreds of players to it? As well as their coaches, officials, trainers, members of the media.

Who said that???

All I said is there are probably quite a few out there that already have it. Which is in response to....

"An unpaid athlete contracting the virus during this tournament would be a disaster for The NCAA"

It wouldn't be a disaster for the NCAA, because this issue won't be isolated to the NCAA.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

5 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

The “Swine flu” was much, much worse yet there wasn’t any cancellations of football, basketball, baseball and soccer games.

Corona virus is not the #$%^&ing flu!!

Coronavirus Disease 2019 vs. the Flu

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

27 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

There is probably multiple athletes with it already....

They aren't affected by it.

Gobert isn't even ill. Dude was healthy enough to play in tonights game but was still positive.

This is why the hysteria is RETARDED!

The mortality rate is MUCH lower than what’s reported because are likely SEVERAL to A LOT of cases that never got diagnosed.

14 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Except the fact that the swine flu basically had the same mortality rate as the flu. coronavirus is like 20x plus more deadly. So yes even if it does infected as many people it will very likely have more deaths a larger effect on our daily life. 

3 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Except the fact that the swine flu basically had the same mortality rate as the flu. coronavirus is like 20x plus more deadly. So yes even if it does infected as many people it will very likely have more deaths a larger effect on our daily life. 

Absolute bullshit!  It’s NOT 20x more deadly than the flu!

18 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Absolute bullshit!  It’s NOT 20x more deadly than the flu!

Coronavirus 10 times more lethal than seasonal flu, top health official says

“I mean people always say, 'Well, the flu does this, the flu does that,'” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), said Wednesday during a hearing before the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

“The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This has a mortality rate of 10 times that. That’s the reason I want to emphasize we have to stay ahead of the game in preventing this,” he added.

Fauci warned that the outbreak in the U.S. is going to get worse before it gets better and said the U.S. must act quickly to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/487086-coronavirus-10-times-more-lethal-than-seasonal

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Who said that???

All I said is there are probably quite a few out there that already have it. Which is in response to....

"An unpaid athlete contracting the virus during this tournament would be a disaster for The NCAA"

It wouldn't be a disaster for the NCAA, because this issue won't be isolated to the NCAA.

It would absolutely be a disaster for The NCAA if infected players were traveling around the country to play games and infecting others during and NCAA sanctioned tournament. They have the power to cancel it, if they don't they're taking a massive PR risk

7 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Even if true, only 1%.  Most people never even know that they have it.

. . . and then pass it on to their elderly parents, grandparents, coworker in chemo, neighbor with heart disease, etc . . .

For people in some of those categories the mortality rate is nearly 15%! I'm not particularly concerned about my personal health; I'm young and healthy. But I'm sure as hell concerned about my parents' well being.

11 minutes ago, sebasour said:

It would absolutely be a disaster for The NCAA if infected players were traveling around the country to play games and infecting others during and NCAA sanctioned tournament. They have the power to cancel it, if they don't they're taking a massive PR risk

These kids worked too hard to get robbed over bullshit!

I’m a hypochondriac and I think the coronavirus hysteria is bullshit!

2 minutes ago, zoom said:

. . . and then pass it on to their elderly parents, grandparents, coworker in chemo, neighbor with heart disease, etc . . .

For people in some of those categories the mortality rate is nearly 15%! I'm not particularly concerned about my personal health; I'm young and healthy. But I'm sure as hell concerned about my parents' well being.

You’re odds of catching it are about 0.0001%.