Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

NBA Has Suspended The Season

And i just read the ticker on espnu, the ncaa tourney will be played without fans present. only essential personnel will be at the games... wow 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 minutes ago, sebasour said:

The NCAA Tournament is in real trouble 

Yeah 100% sure at least one NCAAT player has the virus by next week. Sure we might not know it (ie they haven't or won't get tested) but at least one player will be positive. Does the NCAA cancel the tourney if one person comes back positive? 

8 minutes ago, sebasour said:

The NCAA Tournament is in real trouble 

At this point they have to test every player from every tourney team, right? With the precedent the NBA just set I have to imagine they would have to cancel the tourney if one player tests positive.

1 minute ago, LoboMan59 said:

9D2959E6-F0FA-491F-95F9-FE5E02AB53F7.jpeg.4d0b27ce991a3f8dd7f43f43da484c29.jpeg

Banning fans is the plan for now.

I would not be surprised if it's fully cancelled. An unpaid athlete contracting the virus during this tournament would be a disaster for The NCAA

Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

At this point they have to test every player from every tourney team, right? With the precedent the NBA just set I have to imagine they would have to cancel the tourney if one player tests positive.

and it is basically a certainty at least one player will be positive... Especially by next week.

1 minute ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Tests aren't available like that dude...

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

I wonder what impact it will have on players ready to declare for the draft.  If this suspension rolls on through the fall, that could throw a major wrench into things.

1 minute ago, sebasour said:

Banning fans is the plan for now.

I would not be surprised if it's fully cancelled. An unpaid athlete contracting the virus during this tournament would be a disaster for The NCAA

There is probably multiple athletes with it already....

They aren't affected by it.

Gobert isn't even ill. Dude was healthy enough to play in tonights game but was still positive.

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Tests aren't available like that dude...

I know. What I’m saying is I don’t see how the NCAA can justify letting these kids play unless they can test every single player. 

Just now, sebasour said:

Which makes it more likely that they'll cancel it

Yup, at least at todays rate.

Just now, BestintheWest said:

There is probably multiple athletes with it already....

They aren't affected by it.

Gobert isn't even ill. Dude was healthy enough to play in tonights game but was still positive.

A small percent will be affected by it but most won't. 18-22 yo males in awesome shape with limited or no comorbidities are pretty safe. But it infects enough of them SOME will end up in the hospital and it could even lead to a death.