Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

OT: Montana High School State Basketball Tournaments

5 hours ago, Nevada6077 said:

good thing the schools and state are small!

Garfield County (4847 square miles) is bigger than Delaware (1948 sq. mi), Connecticut (4842 sq. mi), and Rhode Island (1033 sq. mi).  And all 5 starters for the only high school in the county are from the same family.

image.png.0abe2765bc48bbb2c01a5820f3c74e07.png

38 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Garfield County (4847 square miles) is bigger than Delaware (1948 sq. mi), Connecticut (4842 sq. mi), and Rhode Island (1033 sq. mi).  And all 5 starters for the only high school in the county are from the same family.

image.png.0abe2765bc48bbb2c01a5820f3c74e07.png

There isn’t a family tree in Garfield County, there’s a family bush.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

They cancelled the remainder of it. Unbelievable. 

Not surprising given the tests were so widespread in 3/4 counties where the tourneys are held. I still feel like they could have done it with family only or limited fans for super low risk.

They are giving Co-Championship awards for teams in championship games.

Silver lining is that both Lodge Grass and Hardin get championships on the 30 year anniversary of Elvis Old Bull’s senior season. 

59 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Ok, I want to know how many of these Montana kids go on to play D-1 basketball? 

D1 basketball? I think just the 2 Hellgate kids (Army and USU). For girls there are I think 6 mid-major (mostly Big Sky Conf.) signees. 

Quite a few more if you include other D1 sports. 

So it ends with Hellgate beating Billings West in the semi's 48-34. It looks like Worster scored about half of his team's 48 and Hellgate ends the season 23-0.

It will be interesting to see how he fits in at the D1 level.

23 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

So it ends with Hellgate beating Billings West in the semi's 48-34. It looks like Worster scored about half of his team's 48 and Hellgate ends the season 23-0.

It will be interesting to see how he fits in at the D1 level.

Better than Max Rice, but not as good as Sam Merrill.