Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

OT: Montana High School State Basketball Tournaments

State tournaments get underway this afternoon in Missoula with Boys' C and continue all the way until Saturday in all-classes. 

@Joe from WY @bsu_alum9

Who do you got?

Mine...

AA Boys: West High (as much as I hate to say that)  AA Girls: CMR

A Boys: Hardin  A Girls: Billings Central

B Boys: Three Forks   B Girls: Colstrip

C Boys (This is the biggest toss-up in all of the brackets): Manhattan Christian   C Girls: Roy-WInifred

AA Boys: Hellgate (Coolest school name in Montana and they are 21-0.)

AA Girls: Billings West

A Boys: Hardin (The Metra is going to be rocking!)

5e5b5d0e230f6.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

A Girls: Billings Central

B Boys: Lodge Grass is hot right now. 

B Girls: Sweet Grass County Sheepherders

5e6498be45b14.image.jpg?resize=750,500

C Boys: Fort Benton (I just dislike Manhattan Christian)

C Girls: Edited - changing my pick to Roy-Winifred

---

The State AA tournament for boys and girls is at Montana State in Bozeman. The State A tournament for boys and girls is at First Interstate Arena at MetraPark. The State B tournament for boys and girls is at the Butte Civic Center. The State C boys tournament is at the University of Montana in Missoula. 

My HS coach is a Montana Hall of Famer, and just left town and started coaching at Laurel last year.  He has 5 second place finishes in 40 years, but never a championship win.  They've got a good chance to make it to the championship game if they get hot. Not afraid to play stall ball (no shot clock in MT) to keep it close, and he's got a good array of presses that can wreak havoc.

Guess I'll be rooting for the Hellgate Knights. They are led by future Aggie Rollie Worster (2x Gatorade POY) who broke Tres Tinkle's school scoring record this year and was last year's State Tourney MVP as a Junior.

4 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Guess I'll be rooting for the Hellgate Knights. They are led by future Aggie Rollie Worster (2x Gatorade POY) who broke Tres Tinkle's school scoring record this year and was last year's State Tourney MVP as a Junior.

Abe Johnson - the dude who throws it down in play #2 is committed to play basketball at Army.

AA: Hellgate (Boys)/ West (girls)

A: Hardin (Boys) / Browning (Girls)

B: Lodge Grass (Boys) / Big Timber (Girls)

C: Fort Benton (Boys) / Ekalaka (Girls) 

4 minutes ago, 307dude said:

The Natrona County Health Department just shut down-as in canceled-the rest of the Wyoming 3A-4A state tournament, being played in Casper.

Wyoming just had its first case - in Casper.  Makes sense to not have huge groups of fans.  I'd still let the kids play though if it were up to me. Just no fans like the NCAA originally stated.

Just now, bsu_alum9 said:

Wyoming just had its first case - in Casper.  Makes sense to not have huge groups of fans.  I'd still let the kids play though if it were up to me. Just no fans like the NCAA originally stated.

Wyoming’s first case was not in Casper. It was a woman in Sheridan.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Lodge Grass (Crow Indian Reservation) vs. Rocky Boy (Chippewa Cree Reservation) should be an exciting semi-final matchup.

Both the State C and B Boys fields were loaded this year. This should be a good one. I think Lodge Grass wins Class B.