Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Game Thread: Mini-Super Tuesday

23 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I'm having difficulty understanding you and in any event, it's now pointless to discuss anybody besides Biden.

Biden wants additional "gun control" in the sense of limiting sales of military-style weapons and requiring universal background checks. That's a considerably more moderate position than Warren's, Beto's or some others. As to "free college," he advocates it for two-year colleges only. That would cost a fraction as much as Warren's position or Bernie's position for free UNIVERSITY education. I assume "M4all" means the same Medicare plan for everybody in the country and I don't think you're correct about that either since Biden has consistently advocated tweaking the ACA.

With due respect, toonkee, I think you're misinformed about Uncle Joe.

Crazy Joe can shove his gun control proposals up his ass. 

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Crazy Joe can shove his gun control proposals up his ass. 

I'm sure as a gun owner himself he's run the numbers and thinks that virtually everybody like you who oppose his position would vote against him anyway whereas it will get a lot of the Feel the Bern folks who might not vote at all to go to the polls.

Boom goes the dynamite.

31 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I'm sure as a gun owner himself he's run the numbers and thinks that virtually everybody like you who oppose his position would vote against him anyway whereas it will get a lot of the Feel the Bern folks who might not vote at all to go to the polls.

Crazy Joe isn’t a gun owner. He’s attempting to pander to us and failing miserably. He supports the 2nd Amendment like I support BYU. He just happens to be the last clown standing in circus.

Yeah.  This guy.  He's not too old at all!

SMH

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Yeah.  This guy.  He's not too old at all!

SMH

Esteban "Steve" Cortes is a puto. 

On March 10, 2020 at 1:28 PM, TheBigAwesome said:

Let's talk VEEP. 

Who's Biden tapping as his running mate?

So, who's the other side of the ticket?

1 hour ago, TheBigAwesome said:

Esteban "Steve" Cortes is a puto. 

Well then, he shouldn't be president either.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

17 hours ago, sean327 said:

Crazy Joe isn’t a gun owner. He’s attempting to pander to us and failing miserably. He supports the 2nd Amendment like I support BYU. He just happens to be the last clown standing in circus.

Whatever. The issue is obviously of immense importance to you. In contrast, I don't care enough about it to debate the point.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 hours ago, TheBigAwesome said:

So, who's the other side of the ticket?

If he’s smart, Klobuchar. Put her in the Midwest and run around the rest of the country with Obama by his side and this thing is almost wrapped up. Almost.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

11 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If he’s smart, Klobuchar. Put her in the Midwest and run around the rest of the country with Obama by his side and this thing is almost wrapped up. Almost.

Maybe she isn't perfect but I too think she would make a great VP. Highly experienced, very smart and nobody dislikes her except some of her former staff because she sometimes criticized them when they didn't work hard and some BLM people because as the county DA she once failed to prosecute a white cop who shot an African American.

Not sure about the Obama part. One of the pundits I saw on Sunday morning TV a couple weeks ago said he sensed Obama doesn't want to continue to be seen as the face of the Democratic Party. The reason is apparently the Clintons. Remember that Obama named Hillary secretary of state at least in part because he was pressured to do so by Bill and Barack has apparently since tried his best not to come off like another Slick Willy.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Maybe she isn't perfect but I too think she would make a great VP. Highly experienced, very smart and nobody dislikes her except some of her former staff because she sometimes criticized them when they didn't work hard and some BLM people because as the county DA she once failed to prosecute a white cop who shot an African American.

Not sure about the Obama part. One of the pundits I saw on Sunday morning TV a couple weeks ago said he sensed Obama doesn't want to continue to be seen as the face of the Democratic Party. The reason is apparently the Clintons. Remember that Obama named Hillary secretary of state at least in part because he was pressured to do so by Bill and Barack has apparently since tried his best not to come off like another Slick Willy.

I think Obama would love nothing more than to defeat Trump. He’s the most popular democrat in America. Maybe he cares more about his personal brand than a political party, but he is definitely going to want to end the Presidency of the man that dismantled much of what he tried to do.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think Obama would love nothing more than to defeat Trump. He’s the most popular democrat in America. Maybe he cares more about his personal brand than a political party, but he is definitely going to want to end the Presidency of the man that dismantled much of what he tried to do.

I think that both Obamas are going to take part in campaigning for the Democratic nominee. Barack certainly pulled strings behind the scenes to line up the Monday before Super Tuesday endorsements for Biden –– Beto, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar. Two of those endorsements probably led to two of the unexpected Biden victories (Minnesota and Texas) and the three combined changed the minds of a lot of the same day voters. 

On March 12, 2020 at 11:34 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

TheBigAwesome approves of this move. :cheers:

However, I got a feeling that he'll go in another direction. I'm just not sure where.