Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndroidAggie

which fanbase becomes most obnoxious with big wins?

which fanbase becomes most obnoxious with wins?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. votr

• usu
    • sdsu
    • boise
    • wyo
    • afa
    • csu
    • fresno
    • san jose
    • hawaii
    • unm
    • unlv
    • nevada

27 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’re just majorly butthurt that our best team ever beat your best team ever.  And by beating  you guys as a #3 school, it was our biggest win ever.  It could’ve cost you a National Championship game or a Rose Bowl, it it ended up keeping you out of the Rose Bowl. It’s a great thing that the town and alumni went nuts over our win over you, and when 33,000 Nevada fans showed up at the Kraft Bowl, that was verification. For those that don’t buy the 33k fans, After the game, I contacted Gary Cavalli, the co-founder and executive director of the Kraft Bowl. He told me to get back with him in 6 months when they did their marketing research on who attended, and when I did, he said 33k is a safe conservative number to go with. 

Too. Many. Syllables!

Fing torpedoes my funny!

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

In fb it is Blase St hands down. They are rather Trumpian in their proclamations of greatness and Lordship over the conference.

B-ball, I have to agree with @TheSanDiegan, UNLV fans can be insufferable whether they win or lose. And what's with 20 page threads when they get beat by Boise in their first tourney game ?

You need to look up the word insufferable. You don't even hear a "woo" out of Boise fans after wins. They win and then move on like nothing happened... because, ya know, really nothing did happen. 

On the flip side MW teams lose their fecking minds when they beat Boise. Multiple teams have created countless threads making proclamations of future greatness just because they beat Boise. Shet, ALL of them still talk about that one time they beat Boise on here consistently. Some of those wins were 10 years ago and their fanbase still jerks off while they post about it here. 

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

You’re just majorly butthurt that our best team ever beat your best team ever.  And by beating  you guys as a #3 school, it was our biggest win ever.  It could’ve cost you a National Championship game or a Rose Bowl, it it ended up keeping you out of the Rose Bowl. It’s a great thing that the town and alumni went nuts over our win over you, and when 33,000 Nevada fans showed up at the Kraft Bowl, that was verification. For those that don’t buy the 33k fans, After the game, I contacted Gary Cavalli, the co-founder and executive director of the Kraft Bowl. He told me to get back with him in 6 months when they did their marketing research on who attended, and when I did, he said 33k is a safe conservative number to go with. 

@Spaztecs, see what I mean? Prime example 

5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

In fb it is Blase St hands down.

False.

Obnoxious is just our natural state of being. Whether we win big games or lose them, it results in no changes in our behavior and attitude. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

57 minutes ago, Wyoman said:

It certainly can't be Wyoming, we haven't won a big game in years thus making us one of the least obnoxious fan bases here.

I like a self-aware Cowboy. Well done. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, RogueStout said:

False.

Obnoxious is just our natural state of being. Whether we win big games or lose them, it results in no changes in our behavior and attitude. 

False, if said natural state of being is more obnoxious than all other school's big win obnoxiousness

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Not an option from the poll, but I vote for all of you. 

When success is expected. ...there's obnoxious fans.

When success is hoped for..and to a degree..it happens....there's obnoxious fans.

When you're a Nevada fan, you expect and hope , with a sense of class.

You all could learn a thing or two about winning and losing with grace.

Disclaimer : this post is NOT in reference to players shenanigans  (fire extinguishers et al) but fans.  And NO .....Convert doesn't count.

On 3/10/2020 at 12:44 PM, Wyoman said:

It certainly can't be Wyoming, we haven't won a big game in years thus making us one of the least obnoxious fan bases here.

Were you here for the #safetydance?  After beating Boise Wyoming fans acted like they won the super bowl.  Granted most will try and be cool about it now and say falsely that did not happen.  But it was ridiculous at the time.

13 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

When success is hoped for..and to a degree..it happens....there's obnoxious fans.

Disclaimer : this post is NOT in reference to players shenanigans  (fire extinguishers et al) but fans.  And NO .....Convert doesn't count.

Nevada fans have always been fantastic, honestly.  Outside of one bad night in Reno where years of frustration were vented and Boise fans were a little too sensitive.

13 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Northern Nevadas fanbase is not obnoxious when they win big games. They are only so, when they lose to Lower Nevada State College.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

51 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Were you hear for the #safetydance?  After beating Boise Wyoming fans acted like they won the super bowl.  Granted most will try and be cool about it now and say falsely that did not happen.  But it was ridiculous at the time.

There's been so little to celebrate as a Wyo fan recently, you've got to latch onto Josh Allen and a win over Boise. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.