Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2020 - 2021

On 5/18/2020 at 9:21 PM, NevadaFan said:

When did Danny Tarkanian leave Vegas for Minden, Nevada?

Actually it's Gardnerville - oddly right before the whole quarantine started I was passing through that area when his wife Amy posted that he was running again... he lost all 8 of the elections he ran for in Las Vegas, but apparently has some powerful friends up in Bonanza country.

13 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Actually it's Gardnerville - oddly right before the whole quarantine started I was passing through that area when his wife Amy posted that he was running again... he lost all 8 of the elections he ran for in Las Vegas, but apparently has some powerful friends up in Bonanza country.

Reno/Sparks. Vegas/Henderson. Minden/Gardnerville. Tomato/Tomatoe.

I’ve been there dozens of times and I still don’t know the difference. 

BTW, it’s probably the Laxalt’s, the Park family, etc. Nevada old school ched. 

8 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Kinda concerning that TJ Otzelberger wanted a kid who is going to Southern Utah.

How so?  Maybe he figured he'd get more playing time at Southern Utah.

1 hour ago, rebelcuff said:

I'm concerned with recruiting. I don't believe recruiting 5 star guys develop a program, but guys like Fleming should not be on our radar. 

Was he asked to leave?

Well here is some interesting news. The first part about Caleb Grill is OK but after that...

NCAA will allow athletes back on campus

At the same meeting where the NCAA decided to delay voting on the transfer rule, college sports governing body approved a plan to allow athletes to resume on-campus activities starting June 1.

Men’s basketball, women’s basketball and football players will be able to engage in voluntary activities at that time, depending on the guidelines put in place by local and state governments. Once UNLV coordinates a plan to reintegrate its athletes, the players will once again have access to practice facilities, meal programs, weight rooms and other amenities, even if players are still required to maintain distance from one another.

https://lasvegassun.com//news/2020/may/21/ncaa-delays-one-time-transfer-vote-rebels-will-pur/

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Was he asked to leave?

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

It was called a "mutual decision."

When Fleming signed he expected to be the Rebels' main point guard the next few years.

Then a former walk-on (Marvin Coleman) became the coach's favorite player and a lock to be starting PG the next few years.