Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2020 - 2021

My hope is that he was just injured last year and not a bust.  His HS tape was very promising.

My guess is that Otzelberger is finally done with the 2020 class.  I think at least one HS recruit goes the prep route.

13 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Grimala must be at home also. He mentions Dembelle as being gone but I haven’t seen that anywhere yet.

https://lasvegassun.com//news/2020/apr/04/analysis-hamilton-jenkins-highlight-unlv-projected/

Dembele is now a grad assistant with the UNLV basketball program, not a player.  At least that gives us one player in recent memory who lasted five years at UNLV.

5 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Dembele is now a grad assistant with the UNLV basketball program, not a player.  At least that gives us one player in recent memory who lasted five years at UNLV.

I picked up on his status and edited the complete list in the 1st post. Down to 14 players now so 1 more change for sure but possibly 2 or 3.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

My hope is that he was just injured last year and not a bust.  His HS tape was very promising.

He did not shoot much or shoot well, but he did average 13.8 minutes (8th most on the team) and started the final two games.  For a true freshman that's not bad, he's doing something to earn time on the floor.

According to LVRJ's Mark Anderson, Durango's Kendrick Gilbert will walk on with UNLV this fall.  Kendrick is the older brother of the only '21 commit that coach TJO has so far, PG Keshon Gilbert.

Some video with both brothers featured prior to this past winter season:  https://youtu.be/cb0Gae3seaU

KendrickGilbert.PNG

from the cyclone fanatic..they want TJ

Frak said:
Chances are he will transfer there only to see TJ leave after a year.
When tj becomes isu head coach? Just kidding. That would be funny though.

jmb said:
That was my thought when I saw this. Why would he transfer out there when he can just wait until next year and have him as coach here.

5 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Over half of the team are freshmen (7 freshmen), 3 returning players and 1 redshirt. Yep that is young and inexperienced either at this level or playing in this system. 

The team will be fine and finish higher than 98th in KenPom.