Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2020 - 2021

53 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

My guess is that Devin Tillis goes to prep school.  He needs to work on his body and get in better shape.  We also need to get a fifth year transfer.  This coronavirus is royally +++++ing things up.

Bryce and Mbacke will both be central parts of this offense, we’ll that is IF we have good perimeter shooting. The past 3 years Mbacke has has to deal with a very crowded key area with almost always being double Or triple teamed. Bryce would break down his defender to dribble into the other 3 or 4 defenders packing the paint... and still hit his shot. So far we’ve lost players that don’t fit, these too guy do. 

24 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Bryce and Mbacke will both be central parts of this offense, we’ll that is IF we have good perimeter shooting. The past 3 years Mbacke has has to deal with a very crowded key area with almost always being double Or triple teamed. Bryce would break down his defender to dribble into the other 3 or 4 defenders packing the paint... and still hit his shot. So far we’ve lost players that don’t fit, these too guy do. 

I can assure you that the outside shooting will be a lot better.  David Jenkins was the top jump shooter (47.7%) in college basketball his sophomore year at South Dakota State.  Moses Wood shot 37.3% as a freshman at Tulane.

Both will be 40% three point shooters.

They only need one more player to step up from three beyond those two.

22 hours ago, RebelTexan said:

Does this mean Mbacke will be the first 4 year player in forever?  Who was the last one?

This past season was Dembele's fourth season as a RunninRebel, although he got a waiver for the '18-'19 season because he only played in one game so he was only a junior this season.  Too bad he got the waiver, since he is now done for medical reasons and it would have looked better if he had finished as a senior.  Instead he will stay with the program for a 5th season, but as a grad assistant.

Happy Hamilton and Diong are coming back.  Expecting big seasons from both.  Jenkins and Hamilton give us two legit scorers, and if Diong continues to improve as he has the past couple of seasons, I see this as a great core to build around.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

He is a GREAT system big!  It's like when Pau Gasol played for the Lakers in the triangle offense.  He has to get in better shape, but he will be a solid contributor.  It doesn't show it in the article, but he can shoot it out to the three point line.

He just looks like a big young kid. If he puts in the work the staff will get him in shape and build even more strength. I’m looking forward to see what they can do with him. I already expect him to have a good attitude and work ethic. This HC and staff have been pretty clear about their expectations.

21 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

He just looks like a big young kid. If he puts in the work the staff will get him in shape and build even more strength. I’m looking forward to see what they can do with him. I already expect him to have a good attitude and work ethic. This HC and staff have been pretty clear about their expectations.

Would have been huge if the world wasn't shut down.  Then Kabo would've had all summer to work with him.  If he gets into optimal shape, he will be a good player.