Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

I’m tired of winning - Trading Halted

11 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Is this going to be like 2008 all over again? Would this be a good time to start looking at houses if I wanted to buy? 

If this all keeps up, in a few months probably. 

21 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Is this going to be like 2008 all over again? Would this be a good time to start looking at houses if I wanted to buy? 

I’ve been looking at houses in Albuquerque and Phoenix for a couple of months. Inventory is really low and houses in the sub jumbo sell within a week or 2. Sellers market all over the West. 

I’ve been nibbling at the market though.

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

If this all keeps up, in a few months probably. 

My fiancee's mother owned an almond farm in the central valley and wanted to get out of farming so she just so happened to sell right before the crash happened (something like 6 months). She cashed out while on top, then when the market bottomed out she cashed in. She bought a $500k newly built home for $121k. That's the definition of winning.  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

House next door to us went up for sale Monday. Was talking to the owner yesterday evening and he's said that they've already gotten 6 offers, 4 of them cash. His agent told him that they've seen a lot more cash offers this week in general. I guess people aren't sure where to find a decent investment return, so why not a house?

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

The worst day in history for the Dow, the S&P, and the NASDAQ. 

While this was undoubtedly steep, Black Monday in 1987 was worse Percentage wise in both the Dow, NASDAQ and S&P. The Dot Com bubble pop in 2000 was also a worse day percentage drop. One of the days in 1929 was worse too. Still, none of this is good. 

Wild that a black swan event is popping this huge cheap money bubble that's been building for a decade. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

While this was undoubtedly steep, Black Monday in 1987 was worse Percentage wise in both the Dow, NASDAQ and S&P. The Dot Com bubble pop in 2000 was also a worse day percentage drop. One of the days in 1929 was worse too. Still, none of this is good. 

Wild that a black swan event is popping this huge cheap money bubble that's been building for a decade. 

Yep, you're right... I was stupidly looking at the wrong charts. Today was the fourth largest drop by percentage for the Dow, the fifth largest for the S&P, and third largest for the NASDAQ. 

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, you're right... I was stupidly looking at the wrong charts. Today was the fourth largest drop by percentage for the Dow, the fifth largest for the S&P, and third largest for the NASDAQ. 

To be fair, it feels like it should have medaled. Those East German judges are screwing us again.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

Futures look like they're headed towards another freefall tonight.

6AK9JxG.png

For what it's worth, DJIA futures are up right now 502 points, Nasdaq up 125, and S&P up 60. 

U.S. Stock Futures

arrowUp.gif S&P +60.00  /  +2.43%
Level 2,529.00
Fair Value 2,467.62
Difference 61.38
Data as of 1:04am ET
arrowUp.gif Nasdaq +125.00  /  +1.73%
Level 7,340.25
Fair Value 7,248.22  
Difference 92.03  
arrowUp.gif Dow +502.00  /  +2.38%
Level 21,587.00
Futures based on March 2020 contr

6 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

For what it's worth, DJIA futures are up right now 502 points, Nasdaq up 125, and S&P up 60. 

U.S. Stock Futures

arrowUp.gif S&P +60.00  /  +2.43%
Level 2,529.00
Fair Value 2,467.62
Difference 61.38
arrowUp.gif Nasdaq +125.00  /  +1.73%
Level 7,340.25
Fair Value 7,248.22  
Difference 92.03  
arrowUp.gif Dow +502.00  /  +2.38%