Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

NCAA Tournament to be Cancelled?

25 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I love the seemingly endless debates on AztecMesa as to whether this factor or that factor will SDSU players should or will leave before they've used up their eligibility. Someday those guys will get clued in that it really comes down to nothing more than whether the kid would be drafted in the first round, in which case he's as good as gone, or whether if he won't go in the first round, he's still likely to make an NBA roster, in which case it's about 50/50 whether he will leave.

As to when the draft is held, what difference does that make?

Guess what I'm trying to say is, if the NBA season is pushed back into the summer, would there be a Draft in 2020 at all?

The only thing possibly comparable would be a lockout/strike.  IE, back in 2011 Harrison Barnes chose at stay at North Carolina for his sophomore year instead of enter the NBA Draft - which was held end of June as usual - with a possible work stoppage looming.  He was a projected top-10 pick in 2011, too.  The NBA ultimately did have a lockout and reduced its season to 66 games

1 hour ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

no march madness...is this the first time its ever been cancelled?

this will be an interesting time. At least i have other stuff I can follow

Like what? Everything is literally cancelled. 

17 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

That's just a Kalua night on the town. Kalua virus is much worse than that, it's symptoms have to do with Dre's mom, a goat head, a chicken, a bucket of grease, handcuffs, a taser, barbed wire and a set of jumper cables.

the kaluavirus will kill half the worlds population.natural selection is in progress.