Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

So does this mean USU reigns now?

It means they won the tournament.  Are you looking for some deep philosophical discussion of the existential  meaning of college basketball? USU played a helluva game.  They were a couple of points better today and it looks like they're playing well into March. We're all on the same team now. GO AGGIES!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Newcomers continue to dominate this conference. Old MWC is a joke. 

Of all the stupid shit you post in here, this ranks in the top 2-3 %.  Good for you.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Doesn't change anything. SDSU deserves all the accolades and high seed they have earned.  I think it only further cements the fact that these are 2 of the top programs in the conference. 

SDSU continues their phenomenal run since the Fisher era and USU has been to more NCAA tourneys than any other MWC team. Seems to me just more of the same.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve always felt winning the regular season carries a lot more weight than the tournament. You play a lot more games including half on the road. The tournament you need to play well for only three games. 

It's seems obvious the Aztecs lost their legs in the last couple minutes of the 1st half. They flat out shot poorly and Sam Merrills MVP performance made the difference.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

One win = entire season.

-this thread

One loss, like a dagger to the heart, sure takes the luster off the regular season title.

It's going to take an elite 8 to take the sting out of this one.

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

One loss, like a dagger to the heart, sure takes the luster off the regular season title.

It's going to take an elite 8 to take the sting out of this one.

Why?  I am a UNC dude but still think that the ACC is wrong with only handing a trophy for the tournament.  SDSU has had a phenomenal run.  Now it is time to show the nation.

This is what makes basketball what it is. What SDSU did this year trumps anything that USU did this weekend. But that’s how it goes I guess. 

I do think the tourney thing is dumb as f in baseball though. You can play great baseball for three months and it means nothing at the end of the year. 

9 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Why?  I am a UNC dude but still think that the ACC is wrong with only handing a trophy for the tournament.  SDSU has had a phenomenal run.  Now it is time to show the nation.

One and fecking six since 2011.  One fecking win !

It hurts. 

Congrats to USU.  They are top dogs for the moment.  Make ten finals appearances and we'll start making comparisons.

Americans Mayor