Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: What Seeds Do SDSU & USU Get

NCAA Seeding  

107 members have voted

1. 1. SDSU

2. 2. USU

31 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Ummmm.....Maybe consider another location/city when there is a conflict.  Being proactive and visionary has never been a Craig Thompson strength.  And don’t give me the attendance would suffer BS. Both Thursday and Friday I sat anywhere that I wanted to in that arena. 

IMO, Las Vegas is without a doubt the best place to hold the tournament...always.

And CT was "proactive" by moving the schedule ahead a week so there wouldn't be a conflict with the huge convention and Pac12 tourney.

I don't really see any downside to the way things went down this year and maybe a little rest will help the Aggies and Aztecs :shrug:

26 minutes ago, renoskier said:

IMO, Las Vegas is without a doubt the best place to hold the tournament...always.

And CT was "proactive" by moving the schedule ahead a week so there wouldn't be a conflict with the huge convention and Pac12 tourney.

I don't really see any downside to the way things went down this year and maybe a little rest will help the Aggies and Aztecs :shrug:

I absolutely agree that Vegas is the best place to hold the tournament.  The tournament was great this year, as it usually is.  That being said, from a national perspective, it would be nice to not be irrelevant during championship week. It’s hard enough for the MWC as it is. 

45 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

I absolutely agree that Vegas is the best place to hold the tournament.  The tournament was great this year, as it usually is.  That being said, from a national perspective, it would be nice to not be irrelevant during championship week. It’s hard enough for the MWC as it is. 

Hotels are 500 dollars next week.  They did it for the fans, and the athletes of this conference put on a show.  We were not drowned out by the othe conference tourney's.  Just another way to view it.

1 hour ago, Wolverine said:

Honestly it probably gets you more attention when you're not going  up against the bigger leagues.

It's probably a minority opinion, but I liked the early start. It adds more to the usually meh first week and it lets me watch more next week

2 and 12.  USU gets hosed. 

7 hours ago, bnastyaztecs said:

From the looks of the NET and today's polls...coaches and media see USU as lucky to be in the tourney...SDSU didn't drop in the NET and only one spot in the polls to #6...so we're a solid #2 in the West and my guess USU will be a play-in 11 or worse the 8/9 seed:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/rankings/

11 seeds don't go to the play-in if they are an automatic qualifier, so that won't happen for USU.