Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Game Thread: #1 Aztecs vs #2 Utags

It was a wild ride, but the top two seeds made it to the final.

Do the Utags have to win to get in to the dance ? Or, is their resume strong enough ?

3:30 pm mst is right around the corner !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Honestly, I don't see my Aggies winning. They haven't been able to get past the Aztecs this season and I don't see it being any different tonight. We are just too banged up. Merrill was in pain last night, limping around at one point. Hopefully he is feeling better today but I don't think it will be enough.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The Aztecs need to take a loss for the conference. Also as a two seed their chances of playing the first two NCAA rounds in the west improve. 

Screw that...did USU take a loss last year for us?...we're gonna win out....

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

The Aztecs need to take a loss for the conference. Also as a two seed their chances of playing the first two NCAA rounds in the west improve. 

USU needs to win for the conference.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

We’re all baggies today. Sorry Aztecs, you’re just as scary a 2 seed as a 1 seed. We want that money!

Good chance USU is in either way but yeah, of course we want baggies. We hate the aztecs and they don't care, right?

I think Flynn and the Aztecs take care of business and also cover the 5.

also, I will enjoy watching Merrill and his finely coiffed hair and his smart playing and his smart flopping and his smart foul bitching for one of the last times as a collegian.

/snark

CBS national  TV baby.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Just now, Lester_in_reno said:

I think Flynn and the Aztecs take care of business and also cover the 5.

Not if they jack up 3's like they did last night.  I highly doubt they get that percentage again and Bean and Queta don't have to worry about fouling out.  They need to play nearly opposite offensively, at least in the first half. Drive in, kick out, but attack inside early and often would be my philosphy.  but I also don't coach, so...

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Do the Utags have to win to get in to the dance ? Or, is their resume strong enough ?

I really believe the Aggies are in the big tourney even after today's loss...:ph34r:

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

21 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Good chance USU is in either way but yeah, of course we want baggies. We hate the aztecs and they don't care, right?

I think they need to win. Hopefully I’m wrong. Woulda been nice for them had not some team that can’t play away from home choked the other night. :facepalm:

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

It’s going to be 80 percent Aztec in the T and M. Sweet Maria I hope I survive. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

It was a wild ride, but the top two seeds made it to the final.

3:30 pm mst is right around the corner !

Yes.

2 hours ago, Aztecs Rising said:

I really believe the Aggies are in the big tourney even after today's loss...:ph34r:

It will be a stressful week up until selection Sunday..