Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: #1 San Diego State vs #5 Boise State

I'm going to talk to some people and see if we can get some finger steaks at the t&m. We need more Boise fans.

13 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

I don’t have a dog in this fight, even though I do live in East Idaho.  I am sporting a Boise State hat I picked up here in the arena tonight, and I’m sporting a sweet Black with blue and orange lettered Florida baseball jersey, so I guess unofficially the fan count could be as high as 17. 

19 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

We were all stopped and turned around at the weigh station, absolute bullshit!

27 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

I am literally sitting 10 rows behind and to the left of the Boise section.  During the timeout I could personally vouch that Boise has 13 fans in attendance along with the pep band and cheer squad.  However there is a father and son in blue shirts one section over and one guy straight below me wearing an orange and blue hat, so the official fan count may be as high as 16

Feck it. It's all about the in-game smack and observations.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Alston needed to keep going to the rim and stop chucking 3s. Bsu came out on fire but looked gassed after the first 16 minutes. Hats off to sdsu. Knew they would not quit being down 16. Not finishing out first halves strong has been a common problem for the Broncos. 

3 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Alston needed to keep going to the rim and stop chucking 3s. Bsu came out on fire but looked gassed after the first 16 minutes. Hats off to sdsu. Knew they would not quit being down 16. Finishing out first halves strong has been a common problem for the Broncos. 

SDSU didn’t take us serious until we got up on them. Once they caught up and played their game we were toast. Alston had a very poor game both shooting and turnovers. 

Boise put great effort in.  They could have easily won that game.  I realize I’m not a coach, but BSU has a good system but on a yearly basis don’t work on getting their guys in the best position throughout the season.  Shows in tournament time when players take bad shots and the wrong guys are taking shots at the wrong time.  It’s very predictable at this point.  

24 minutes ago, Broncos4life said:

Boise put great effort in.  They could have easily won that game.  I realize I’m not a coach, but BSU has a good system but on a yearly basis don’t work on getting their guys in the best position throughout the season.  Shows in tournament time when players take bad shots and the wrong guys are taking shots at the wrong time.  It’s very predictable at this point.  

The only guy I saw taking bad shots was Alston and that is a common theme with him. Part of his issue is he doesn’t have a true jump shot, it’s more of a set shot that he needs a lot of room, or he has to shoot very quick to get it off. Unless he corrects that he will never play in the NBA. His defense can be poor at times also. 

52 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I thought you guys did a good job of neutering Yanni. And RJ has been playing like a man possessed. 

I wish we could bottle RJs intensity and inject it into the rest of our players. That guys motor runs in the rpm red line every game. 

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I wish we could bottle RJs intensity and inject it into the rest of our players. That guys motor runs in the rpm red line every game. 

Key to next season is going to be this kind of intensity from all players. Look at new Mexico this year. Great athletes but inconsistant effort and could not play together.  Flip side would be usu. Not the best athletes but give it their all for their team and play together. 

8 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

Key to next season is going to be this kind of intensity from all players. Look at new Mexico this year. Great athletes but inconsistant effort and could not play together.  Flip side would be usu. Not the best athletes but give it their all for their team and play together. 

Queta and Merrill make that team what it is. They are going to be hurting next year without those two guys.