Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Castle Ram

MWC Football championship should be in Vegas

Now that the Vegas bowl is lost replace it with a neutral conference championship.  IMO it would be better than the bowl games played two weeks later.  

Play it on Saturday night in the new Raider palace.  Weather would not be a factor and travel to Vegas in early December seems feasable.  25K fans would be consistent with what it's drawing in home stadiums now.

Vegas fans can tell me if the Raiders could exclude it but it sounds like a move forward for the conference.

17 minutes ago, Castle Ram said:

Now that the Vegas bowl is lost replace it with a neutral conference championship.  IMO it would be better than the bowl games played two weeks later.  

Play it on Saturday night in the new Raider palace.  Weather would not be a factor and travel to Vegas in early December seems feasable.  25K fans would be consistent with what it's drawing in home stadiums now.

Vegas fans can tell me if the Raiders could exclude it but it sounds like a move forward for the conference.

With one weeks notice, not happening. 

Stick to the same...

9 hours ago, Castle Ram said:

The Raiders could definitely block it and did put language in the Stadium Joint Use Agreement ( https://nshe.nevada.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/BoardOfRegents/Agendas/2018/jan-mtgs/bor4-ref/BOR-2.pdf ) that appears postured to prevent becoming the site of the CCG by only considering it as a "UNLV Team Home Game" if it is played there only because of UNLV's finish in the conference standings.

The significance of the CCG being a "UNLV Team Home Game" is that if it is then the cost of using the stadium is only reimbursing operating costs, and also it would have higher scheduling priority.  So (my interpretation of the SGUA) is that if the CCG game is planned to be at the stadium then the MWC will basically have to negotiate the event as if it is a bowl game.

MWC_CCG.PNG

If UNLV hosting the MWC CCG was to be considered one of the three allowable "UNLV-centric events" (a stretch since we'll concede the probability that most years UNLV won't be a participant in the CCG) then that could help with the cost structure of hosting the game... but the pushback there is that early December isn't when they are hoping to allow these "UNLV-centric events":

UNLVevents.PNG

It seems the only way to get the MWCCG there.

On second thought,  I'll take a hard pass.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise should just put it in their season ticket package. Refund if we don't host.

That's the only way the game gets 25k+.

No way people could travel to Vegas on a week notice, unless they live in Vegas or Southern Cal.

Exactly. The drive from Fresno is only a 6 hour drive and a 50min plane flight but allegiant has really jacked up the prices over the years and there’s only 1 or 2 flights a day that go to Vegas. I could see a lot of Fresno fans making the drive on Friday night or Saturday morning if that were the case. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

Realistically, Big Ten and the SEC are the only ones who can really do decent with their CCG, regardless of who is in it.  Big 12 needs OU or Texas in it to fill up Jerry World, and we see how the ACC and P12 looks like attendance-wise for their CCG's. 

Now think what ours would look like.

2 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Exactly. The drive from Fresno is only a 6 hour drive and a 50min plane flight but allegiant has really jacked up the prices over the years and there’s only 1 or 2 flights a day that go to Vegas. I could see a lot of Fresno fans making the drive on Friday night or Saturday morning if that were the case. 

Bring some home grown meth and sell it just off the strip and the trip pays for itself, hooker included.

Image result for win win gif

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

On 3/6/2020 at 5:45 AM, BleedRebelRed said:

The Raiders could definitely block it and did put language in the Stadium Joint Use Agreement ( https://nshe.nevada.edu/wp-content/uploads/file/BoardOfRegents/Agendas/2018/jan-mtgs/bor4-ref/BOR-2.pdf ) that appears postured to prevent becoming the site of the CCG by only considering it as a "UNLV Team Home Game" if it is played there only because of UNLV's finish in the conference standings.

The significance of the CCG being a "UNLV Team Home Game" is that if it is then the cost of using the stadium is only reimbursing operating costs, and also it would have higher scheduling priority.  So (my interpretation of the SGUA) is that if the CCG game is planned to be at the stadium then the MWC will basically have to negotiate the event as if it is a bowl game.

MWC_CCG.PNG

If UNLV hosting the MWC CCG was to be considered one of the three allowable "UNLV-centric events" (a stretch since we'll concede the probability that most years UNLV won't be a participant in the CCG) then that could help with the cost structure of hosting the game... but the pushback there is that early December isn't when they are hoping to allow these "UNLV-centric events":

UNLVevents.PNG

Thanks looks like a no hoper.  Still think I would rather travel to Vegas for a championship game than a MW bowl vs a MAC/Sunbelt team.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:22 AM, 4UNLV said:

Well, it wouldn't be one week's notice.. just sayin.

Could be.  Won't always be, but could be.  It is a bad idea.  If any school is a possible NY6 bid, would their fans rather travel to Vegas or the bowl?  I bet a lot of people would skip Vegas.  

31 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Could be.  Won't always be, but could be.  It is a bad idea.  If any school is a possible NY6 bid, would their fans rather travel to Vegas or the bowl?  I bet a lot of people would skip Vegas.  

what I'm saying is that if the conference championship were set in vegas, it would always be at a set time and date, and wouldn't be one week's notice. Whether fans travel to it is a different matter, lol. :cheers: