Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BestintheWest

UNLV BBALL

I don’t buy into these promo videos too much. One of the best I saw was Reinhardt and... well... we all know how that came out. I will say I like how Moses shot with a man right up in his face. A long and tough shooter is invaluable to this game nowadays. This staff is quietly putting together a great foundation. 

Also the T&M is ready for this new world we live in. We’ve been social distancing for years.

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

I don’t buy into these promo videos too much. One of the best I saw was Reinhardt and... well... we all know how that came out. I will say I like how Moses shot with a man right up in his face. A long and tough shooter is invaluable to this game nowadays. This staff is quietly putting together a great foundation. 

Also the T&M is ready for this new world we live in. We’ve been social distancing for years.

This is against D1 competition.  Reinhardt’s was against HS competition.  In addition, Moses Wood shot 37.3% from three on a team that was lousy and didn’t set things up for him.  He also has a dad who played on the NBA.

Btw, I’m way more toned down on player projections than I used to be.

I was concerned about Jonah Antonio because he shot in the low 30s from three at Mount St. Mary’s.

I also don’t think the power six schools are recruiting him that hard.  I think he winds up somewhere like the Summit League or WAC.

9 hours ago, ph90702 said:

His dad played seven seasons in the NBA.  Not often you find 6’8” guys who can handle like that at the college level.  He’s a mismatch as a small ball four.

In his senior year with the Wolf Pack David Wood averaged 12 points and 9 rebounds.

He was in the trade that made Dennis Rodman a bull.

DavidWood.jpg

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

I know David pretty well..He is a great guy and he has some amazing stories about his basketball days..He was built like Moses when he was that age.

Moses’ shot reminds me a lot of his father’s. It’s been 33 years since I watched David play, but Moses moves a bit like I remember his father too. Not a surprise, since David has worked with all of his kids’ since they were tykes, and Moses is probably physically the most similar to his father. 

On 3/19/2020 at 12:21 PM, Ernie Baer said:

But the “smartest “ person on the board told us we didn’t know what we were talking about.  Guess they spoke to the wrong assistant coach.

Reading every word I see. I must have cut you deep! I dont even read your posts most of the time. But call me by name salty bear. And thanks for the compliment!

I was actually only talking about the speculation that hes going to Kentucky. 

Nice try, though, Salty.

Why are people couching every statement and trying to look like they predicted everything they didnt?

Where are the predictions for next season, projections looking forward? Im dying to read where everyone has UNLV in the top25, what at-large seed and whether TJ will be mwCOY or runner up. 

Love to try to find faults, but not seeing anyone sticking their necks out to predict a great season.

Why is that?

11 hours ago, qwelish said:

Why are people couching every statement and trying to look like they predicted everything they didnt?

Where are the predictions for next season, projections looking forward? Im dying to read where everyone has UNLV in the top25, what at-large seed and whether TJ will be mwCOY or runner up. 

Love to try to find faults, but not seeing anyone sticking their necks out to predict a great season.

Why is that?

I'll bite. I predict TJ will be the coach of the year. I think that since it will take him a minute to get all those freshmen up to speed, that he will not get his team in the top 25, but he will be close.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

I'll bite. I predict TJ will be the coach of the year. I think that since it will take him a minute to get all those freshmen up to speed, that he will not get his team in the top 25, but he will be close.

Thank you, you're usually a pretty good sport about things. 

Im super shocked there is not a line of predictions. Actually i'm not.

For me I am not sure how to make a prediction for next year.  We will have 10 new players. We have a good ooc schedule. Doubting we will have a summer tourney.  I do think Jenkins/Hamilton will be the best duo in the MWC.  I tend to think we will trend the same as this year and struggle at first but get better as the year goes on.  I think the only way we make it to the NCAA's is by winning the MWC tourney.  But could have a good chance at a NIT. 

On 3/28/2020 at 7:59 AM, ph90702 said:

His dad played seven seasons in the NBA.  Not often you find 6’8” guys who can handle like that at the college level.  He’s a mismatch as a small ball four.

I like the nowitzke fade he's got there.

I love all the talk about David’s kid. Great family. I watched all three of his kids play at Galena and Issac this past season. I like it more because Moses is the player that ph talks shit about nonstop. That kid was built like a stick in high school and had few stars next to his name.  But because he signed with Vegas, well ph gonna ph. 

15 hours ago, qwelish said:

Why is that?

Why do we have to predict everything or have hot takes? We're not selling ads. Let me clue you in on on something, these intense radio guys are not cool guys in real life. Most of them are miserable unhealthy weirdos.

24 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I love all the talk about David’s kid. Great family. I watched all three of his kids play at Galena and Issac this past season. I like it more because Moses is the player that ph talks shit about nonstop. That kid was built like a stick in high school and had few stars next to his name.  But because he signed with Vegas, well ph gonna ph. 

When have I talked shit about Moses Wood?  The talent is obvious.

There’s good players on teams besides UNLV.  Orlando Robinson is projected as a first round pick in 2021.  Jalen Harris and Malachi Flynn will get drafted if they enter the 2020 draft.

17 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

You talk constant shit about players just like him all the time. That’s my point.

Truth is, it’s a minor miracle this kid isn’t in Alaska like his older brother. 

But I haven’t talked shit about him specifically.  Otzelberger’s assessment from when he signed on matches with what I have.  He’s gonna be a double figure scorer next year.