Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: #2 Utah State vs #7 New Mexico

Unfortunately, i called it. Lobos shet the bed. Was hoping weir would slow down, work the clock... but the lobos did what they usually do... take bad shots and play ragged.

tip of the hat to USU. They wanted it more.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

@mondego

Congrats, amazing comeback. But my point still stands, this season hasnt been quite as great as last year. I haven't watched every USU game but l know Queta was hurt much of the year. So what's the deal?

Well that was a fun game.  Both fan bases totally into it.  Glad I drove down from Idaho to enjoy some golf and MWC hoops, not to mention some 78 degree weather. I’ve always been a fan of this conference and always will be as my school continues to wander in the forsaken wilderness of Football Independence. Congrats Aggies.  Now Go Pokes in tonight’s finale. 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

@mondego

Congrats, amazing comeback. But my point still stands, this season hasnt been quite as great as last year. I haven't watched every USU game but l know Queta was hurt much of the year. So what's the deal?

I completely agree with you. Not sure what's been off - maybe the target on the back like @soupslam1 said? Maybe the bench guys not being as good as last year? This team loses their minds for a few minutes each game which doesn't help. 

Too bad we didn't have Vante’s defense out there, he would have been on Merrill all game. But it was his lousy attitude  that got him sent home today. 
Three things need to happen for next year.
1. Lobos need to get a true point guard, 2. Another big man inside to help out Manigault and the Matos when he starts play... if he doesn’t transfer. 3. No more drama! God what a shetty year for drama it was this year!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

12 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Good game Aggies. Go Dancing!

We played a lot better to close out the year, after what's been a complete cluster+++++ year. Hopefully we can build on this

One more win will do it

6 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Too bad we didn't have Vante’s defense out there, he would have been on Merrill all game. But it was his lousy attitude  that got him sent home today. 
1. Lobos need to get a true point guard, 2. Another big man inside to help out Manigault and the Matos when he starts play... if he doesn’t transfer. 3. No more drama! God what a shetty year for drama it was this year!

Manigault gone.

1 minute ago, rebelinreality said:

Gutsy performance from Merrill, what a game in Las Vegas

I went home after the rebel game. wish I would have stayed. 

14 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

You’ve got to be kidding. Good thing the season ended today.