Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: #2 Utah State vs #7 New Mexico

56 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Game tips off at 7 PM (MT) on CBSSN

Aggies favored by 11.5

What are your thoughts on this one as a Lobo fan? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

What are your thoughts on this one as a Lobo fan? 

Cautiously optimistic but also realistic.

Jackson has been fantastic recently and has shown that The Lobos can be semi competent in the front court when Manigualt has to sit, and freshman PG Kurt Wegshceider has been a revelation over the past 4 games. Had we given him more minutes earlier in the year I do wonder if we'd be a 7 seed right now.

We're not gonna be able to stop Queta, and Merrill is going to get his too. We just have to hope that we can limit them and get some scoring from someone that isn't Manigualt or Jackson.

I expect something like an 8 point win for USU, that's neck and neck for 35 minutes before a late pull away.

17 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Cautiously optimistic but also realistic.

Jackson has been fantastic recently and has shown that The Lobos can be semi competent in the front court when Manigualt has to sit, and freshman PG Kurt Wegshceider has been a revelation over the past 4 games. Had we given him more minutes earlier in the year I do wonder if we'd be a 7 seed right now.

We're not gonna be able to stop Queta, and Merrill is going to get his too. We just have to hope that we can limit them and get some scoring from someone that isn't Manigualt or Jackson.

I expect something like an 8 point win for USU, that's neck and neck for 35 minutes before a late pull away.

Sounds like a repeat of last years game. Thanks for your analysis. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

11 minutes ago, mondego said:

Two SOFT foul calls on Queta in the first 5 minutes. Awesome. Where are the Boise fans complaining we get all the calls? 

Getting drunk somewhere. 

17 minutes ago, mondego said:

Two SOFT foul calls on Queta in the first 5 minutes. Awesome. Where are the Boise fans complaining we get all the calls? 

Getting all the calls. :P

JK, the refs were horrible both ways, as always. 

7 minutes ago, bigbluebaby said:

Typical bad MTN west officiating..

there is no such thing as MTN west officiating.  out west we ALL share the same officials.