Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: #4 UNLV vs #5 Boise State

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

Seniors who step up at the conference tournament is something new for the Broncos.  Thank God for Williams and Jessup.  And thank God for playing against a poor shooting team on the same day.  UNLV shoots average and it's game over.

WTF did Rice do to you? You should just find something better to do during the winter. Even a win is a fricking loss.

1 minute ago, rebelcuff said:

How can you get transition points when it's a foul shooting contest?

BSU shot 9 free throws in the first half.  UNLV scored 24 points.  UNLV’s problem wasn’t their Inability to get into transition.  They were not very good today.  It’s pretty simple. Your argument makes no sense with what happened on the court.  

1 minute ago, Broncos4life said:

BSU shot 9 free throws in the first half.  UNLV scored 24 points.  UNLV’s problem wasn’t their Inability to get into transition.  They were not very good today.  It’s pretty simple. Your argument makes no sense with what happened on the court.  

Unlv is an awful half court team. I don't know if you understand if teams are shooting free throws all game it makes teams play half court. You can run after misses its harder off the free throw line. 

11 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

HltMEH.gif

Media polls will reflect it too.

Ain't no thang. Enjoy that 1 loss (who again?) season while you got it.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 minute ago, rebelcuff said:

Unlv is an awful half court team. I don't know if you understand if teams are shooting free throws all game it makes teams play half court. You can run after misses its harder off the free throw line. 

Great.  What was UNLV’s problem in the first half when there were few fouls called?  I’m going to go with off night, meaning it didn’t matter.  What part of that is hard to understand?  

38 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You got your sorry asses beaten by a 6’7” post. Lol. 

Again,

Healthy. 30 point lead. Cake walk my child.

Keep it within 15. Give us something to watch.

Just now, Broncos4life said:

Great.  What was UNLV’s problem in the first half when there were few fouls called?  I’m going to go with off night, meaning it didn’t matter.  What part of that is hard to understand?  

Boise's gameplan is easy.

Stop Hardy and Hamilton.

We literally didn't have anyone else.

Rice knew it.

Lappas knew it.

Everyone knew it.

We just don't have the horses to lose guys to injury. It's not rocket science.

Programs headed up though. Lots of talent returning and even more coming in. Otz knows what hes doing.

10 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Media polls will reflect it too.

Ain't no thang. Enjoy that 1 loss (who again?) season while you got it.

To paraphrase the great philosopher Toonkee,

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Boise you suck. This is The most ass game UNLV we could play. 

And thank you. Everyone no longer in this warmup tournament should be an Aztec fan now. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just checking in. Are the Rebs still whining about the refs and the game they had chalked up in the win column in preparation for the thumping they were going to lay on the Aztecs tomorrow.

Theyll be bragging up that one Aztec win the whole off season. 

33 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

To paraphrase the great philosopher Toonkee,

And thank you. Everyone no longer in this warmup tournament should be an Aztec fan now. 

Eat a dick. Hope you lose first round.

When the tournament comes along in a couple weeks and the Aztecs and Aggies are wondering why they aren't getting every little touch called a foul you will get my logic. It's not just a mwc problem it's a west coast problem. The West needs to get more physical and it starts with officiating.

Seriously, both teams played like garbage. Boise slightly less so.  Refs were super garbage and maybe they called it "even" but some of those bailouts and flops Boise got were damaging considering rebs couldn't get free throws it help themselves.

However, Boise was the better team today, they played harder and deserved to win so a big whatever to all the external reasons and excuses.

Sounds like no eml tomorrow in any case so rebs would just be ran off the floor versus SDSU. So on the bright side, I don't have to pay to sit in an arena with Aztecs fans outnumbering and outcheering the Rebels fans tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Broncos4life said:

Since Rice is at BSU I believe we have the 2nd best record in the MWC.  That doesn’t seem too bad.  

I get that but beating Unlv means nothing. They are a perennial bottom half mw program. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Fair amount of.meltdowns lol. I expected a loss when I heard Eli was out. I didn't expect such a poor shooting performance but it is what it is. This looks like early season Rebs without Eli.

I will choose to celebrate an over achieving year. I like what Otz is doing and the future looks bright!

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Again,

Healthy. 30 point lead. Cake walk my child.

Keep it within 15. Give us something to watch.

That’s rich, being we lost our starting QB for BYU - (channeling my inner Alston) Motherfcker!