Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Game Thread: MWC Tournament

5 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Nevada gets the 11 seed tommorow. I was rooting for Wyoming good job cowgirls

But the Pack has to keep Jake Hendricks in check. He can be a real PITA if he gets hot from  3-land! ##$@@&%.

And the Nico era of the MWC is over! Remember seeing him in person as a Frosh. Wish him well.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

21 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Have you been to the games today?

no...

will be there tomorrow for last half of first game and then rebels of course. 50/50 on evening session.

did you go today?

32 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

But the Pack has to keep Jake Hendricks in check. He can be a real PITA if he gets hot from  3-land! ##$@@&%.

And the Nico era of the MWC is over! Remember seeing him in person as a Frosh. Wish him well.

with his 15 rebounds, Carvacho moved up to 19th on the all-time modern rebounding list.

29 minutes ago, toonkee said:

no...

will be there tomorrow for last half of first game and then rebels of course. 50/50 on evening session.

did you go today?

I didn't go today ,but my son (maybe) and I are doing the same thing tomorrow as you. What section you in? I think i'm buying my tickets in the parking lot again, lol. I'll shoot for the rebel section in 117-121 i think. I probably won't stay for the evening session, although you never know..

Congratulations Lobos. I wish you well in round two of the tournament.

I would have rather played Wyoming than Colorado St in the Quarters but Wyoming has given Nevada fits this year and almost beat them up in Laramie. So Nevada will have to watch their game against Wyoming. 

New Mexico vs. Utah St is a pretty good matchup. New Mexico does have the horses to knock off Utah St. 

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

I would have rather played Wyoming than Colorado St in the Quarters but Wyoming has given Nevada fits this year and almost beat them up in Laramie. So Nevada will have to watch their game against Wyoming. 

New Mexico vs. Utah St is a pretty good matchup. New Mexico does have the horses to knock off Utah St. 

Come on.  No way CSU was going to show up in this tournament.  That is what all that legal dope does to you.  Makes your teams soft.  

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I didn't go today ,but my son (maybe) and I are doing the same thing tomorrow as you. What section you in? I think i'm buying my tickets in the parking lot again, lol. I'll shoot for the rebel section in 117-121 i think. I probably won't stay for the evening session, although you never know..

DNA tests are widely available today. :P

I’m expecting SDS to win by 15-20, but AF has the ability to keep this close for 20-25 min. ‘Tecs are on a mission to avenge their only loss and losing in the final last season.

Boise/UNLV should be the best game of the day. I expect a close one right to the end. I anticipate that the crowd will be in heavily the Rebels’ favor, which will include SDS fans that want revenge for their sole blemish on their record. UNLV by 3.

UNM is a terrible matchup for USU. i expect big games from Manigault and Jackson. UNM’s athleticism will cause fits and a lot of TO’s, just like last year’s QF, but if they can keep their foot on the gas, USU won’t have the horses to mount any comeback this time. Crowd will be pro UNM, as USU is a terrible traveling fan base. UNM by 11 and USU’s bubble will officially pop. 

Nevada/Wyoming will be an underrated contest and has the potential to be very exciting. I was impressed with some of the runs that the pokes mounted against the Rams yesterday. If Maldonado and Hendricks get hot... watch out. In the end, I still think Nevada will be able to hold off the pokes. Nevada by 9.