Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

NBA draft big board malachi flynn#29 Jalen Harris#35

2 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Hymes has already used his redshirt..I don't think he will transfer.  I actually think that even with Harris returning the team may take a step back.  If everybody who can return does return the roster will have 5 freshmen, 4 sophs 2 juniors and one senior.  That is a very young roster.

However, I do expect Alford to grab a grad transfer with his one open scholarship.

I'm not convinced Alford wants Hymes, so we'll see. Next year will be hard to project. This team's guards are really good, but they are so imbalanced that they can be exposed by any team with a decent frontcourt. Washington solves some of those issues, but even with Harris and Cambridge, the backcourt will take a step back. And you're right, they will be very young.

My guess is that Harris does leave, they get a grad transfer or two to shore up what they have, and they end up something akin to Colorado State this year. That's not so bad. 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I'm not convinced Alford wants Hymes, so we'll see. Next year will be hard to project. This team's guards are really good, but they are so imbalanced that they can be exposed by any team with a decent frontcourt. Washington solves some of those issues, but even with Harris and Cambridge, the backcourt will take a step back. And you're right, they will be very young.

My guess is that Harris does leave, they get a grad transfer or two to shore up what they have, and they end up something akin to Colorado State this year. That's not so bad. 

I think you are rating Washington too high.  He rarely played at OSU.  I really don't think Alford wants to chase off his best shot blocker in Hymes.  I suspect they will each get about 18 to 20 minutes a night..

I think both will be improved as they will fill out a bit and hopefully have the sophomore jump.  

26 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Huh, I don't get that feeling. I think he's happy with the progress made. 

19 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I think you are rating Washington too high.  He rarely played at OSU.  I really don't think Alford wants to chase off his best shot blocker in Hymes.  I suspect they will each get about 18 to 20 minutes a night..

I think both will be improved as they will fill out a bit and hopefully have the sophomore jump.  

I haven't seen Washington play much, so I'm just going by what I have heard around the program. They are pretty high on him right now, and down on Hymes, even though he's been pretty useful down the stretch. It wouldn't be the first time I am wrong, though, if what you say is true.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

They'll be fine. Harris would be a huge loss. But Washington and Cambridge are both very good. Meeks is a good player, offensively, and I expect him to take a leap forward next year. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hymes and Milling transfer, though. I'm not convinced either are good enough for this level. If that happens, I would be surprised if Alford didn't grab a grad transfer or two to help plug in some gaps. If Harris comes back, they'll be much more balanced than this year. 

A good friend of mine has a son that will be a freshman @ Texas Tech next year.  His son has squared off against Washington a number of times in AAU and in HS ball.  He says Warren is  "TFN" ( Tall For Nothing).  I've seen him play too.  He's not what you think he is.  I'll leave it at that.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

27 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I haven't seen Washington play much, so I'm just going by what I have heard around the program. They are pretty high on him right now, and down on Hymes, even though he's been pretty useful down the stretch. It wouldn't be the first time I am wrong, though, if what you say is true.

Hymes isn't going anywhere he will be all conference by his Junior year

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Well. I am often wrong..

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

A good friend of mine has a son that will be a freshman @ Texas Tech next year.  His son has squared off against Washington a number of times in AAU and in HS ball.  He says Warren is  "TFN" ( Tall For Nothing).  I've seen him play too.  He's not what you think he is.  I'll leave it at that.

Well that settles it. Asshat who hates Nevada has spoken! 

13 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Well that settles it. Asshat who hates Nevada has spoken! 

I don't hate Nevada, just its fans.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

They'll be fine. Harris would be a huge loss. But Washington and Cambridge are both very good. Meeks is a good player, offensively, and I expect him to take a leap forward next year. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hymes and Milling transfer, though. I'm not convinced either are good enough for this level. If that happens, I would be surprised if Alford didn't grab a grad transfer or two to help plug in some gaps. If Harris comes back, they'll be much more balanced than this year. 

I’m surprised you’re that down on Hymes and the French kid. I think Hymes has shown good improvement. Milking isn’t all the useful yet, but he doesn’t panic when he’s in the game. I have hopes he can develop into a useful rotation player.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I really like Millings..He plays hard and like you said he doesn't panic.  He is a skinny freshmen guard with 4 upperclassmen ahead of him on the depth chart.  It is hard to get minutes.  I think he will improve over the summer as he fills out and works on stuff..

19 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m surprised you’re that down on Hymes and the French kid. I think Hymes has shown good improvement. Milking isn’t all the useful yet, but he doesn’t panic when he’s in the game. I have hopes he can develop into a useful rotation player.

Milling is a guy who has skills that can be found just about anywhere. He’ll be useful at some point. I was really down on Hymes in January. He has improved significantly since then, but I have questions about how much more he’ll develop. He is useful now as a rim protector, though. At the very least, he’ll be a better player than Reyes.

I’m not truly down on either, but they are a step down from the talent we’ve had. And if Muss was still coaching, Hymes would be at UCSB. 

Flynn and Harris are both turning 22 early this year...Their stock isn't going to get any higher going into the 2021 Draft at 23...everyone drafted in the first 30ish picks are 18-21 years old. 

If they're both getting serious NBA looks they need to strike while the iron is hot...no one wants to be another Mike Moser.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Milling is a guy who has skills that can be found just about anywhere. He’ll be useful at some point. I was really down on Hymes in January. He has improved significantly since then, but I have questions about how much more he’ll develop. He is useful now as a rim protector, though. At the very least, he’ll be a better player than Reyes.

I’m not truly down on either, but they are a step down from the talent we’ve had. And if Muss was still coaching, Hymes would be at UCSB. 

And if Muss was still coaching Zouzoua would still be shooting 20% from 3.  Or more likely he'd be gone & not the MWC 6th man..

9 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

And if Muss was still coaching Zouzoua would still be shooting 20% from 3.  Or more likely he'd be gone & not the MWC 6th man..

Agreed. But that’s not my point. Muss would’ve run Hymes off. I wasn’t taking a dig at Alford nor was a complimenting Muss.

My guess is that the MW has at least two first rounders in 2021.  Orlando Robinson is a projected first round pick in 2021 according to nbadraft.net.  I also think there’s a good chance for Bryce Hamilton to go in the first round as well.  A name that nobody is talking about is Nick Blake.  I think he’s criminally undervalued and could be a two and through.

22 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

NBA doesn't draft on college stats.  He's not big enough to be a PF.  Not quick enough to be a SF. Can't handle the ball well enough to be a 6'9" guard in the NBA .  He'd get thrown around like a rag doll.  He's a good, not great, college player. In a year or two that may change. Right now he looks more like a HS kid than a NBA man.  Don't know if you've ever been to an NBA game or seen NBA players up close. They're practically a different species in terms of their sheer size and athleticism.  Being tall and somewhat talented gets you to college.  There are only 30-40 slots open in the NBA on a yearly basis.  If you're not one of the top 30-40 basketball players in the world not currently in the league, your chances are slim..

Yep NBA is nearly impossible to make unless you are basically an elite top .0005% of humans size and skill wise.  Easily the hardest of the major sports to make it to the top level.