Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

battle.borne

2-seed out west vs. 1-seed out east

Is there a big advantage to either? Is it a possibility SDSU misses out on a one-seed but is rewarded with being #2 in the West Bracket?? 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

2 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Is there a big advantage to either? Is it a possibility SDSU misses out on a one-seed but is rewarded with being #2 in the West Bracket?? 

I think avoiding the 8/9 team in the second round is better, especially as a “mid-major”.  The 8/9 games are usually at-large P5 programs that are on a hot streak. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think avoiding the 8/9 team in the second round is better, especially as a “mid-major”.  The 8/9 games are usually at-large P5 programs that are on a hot streak. 

Not to mention a west coast team facing east coast teams in NY is essentially a road game if they get past the first weekend.

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I hope the committee makes it easier for SDSU Fans to attend games by placing them in the West.

I have no confidence in the committee but they've been kind to Gonzaga in the past. Its possible SDSU gets similar treatment.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I hope the committee makes it easier for SDSU Fans to attend games by placing them in the West.

This is the primary “issue” with SDSU potentially being sent East. I don’t think playing an Eastern/Southern team in MSG will necessarily be a problem for them competitively. After all the two times the Aztecs have reached the Sweet 16 and played in So Cal they lost so...

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

7 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I have no confidence in the committee but they've been kind to Gonzaga in the past. Its possible SDSU gets similar treatment.

As has been mentioned before SDSU has actually been given some very favorable regional assignments when they’ve deserved it (2011 and 2014 come to mind).

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

1 hour ago, BSC said:

One seed if better for the school and conference.  Nobody really talks about two seeds but one seeds get a lot of pub.  

Teams that go deep in the Tourney get more pub.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

You have to beat really good teams to advance.  Doesn't matter. There's no place to hide after the round of 64.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

19 hours ago, battle.borne said:

Give me the West bracket and a regional semi/finals at Staples Center where we will fill up the place, even if we have to bring our own coronavirus.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, Poster17 said:

After SDSU loses in the MWC semis, they are going to be a 3 in the east or a 4 in the west :thumbsup:

No Mitrou Long yet so confident.