Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

The Bracket Is Set!

9 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Get that excuse book ready.

"Refs! "

SDSU had less fouls and more FTs in both matchups.

"Rare bad shooting night! "

SDSU shot nearly identical numbers both games.

UNLV didn't even make a basket the final 11 mins of the game...so the #173 or less rated refs gave you the opportunity to win at the foul line...to UNLV's credit...they hit all they're free throws...like I say...UNLV is the crap stain on our perfect-season drawers...we don't have to worry about playing you again because BSU is gonna kick your behinds...so good luck in the CBI.....maybe........

9 minutes ago, bnastyaztecs said:

UNLV didn't even make a basket the final 11 mins of the game...so the #173 or less rated refs gave you the opportunity to win at the foul line...to UNLV's credit...they hit all they're free throws...like I say...UNLV is the crap stain on our perfect-season drawers...we don't have to worry about playing you again because BSU is gonna kick your behinds...so good luck in the CBI.....maybe........

I got a metric. The sub 100 rebels kicked your ass enough for the first 30 minutes that they didn't need any more field goals in the final 10 minutes. 

12 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

Kudos to boise state. Way to play yourself into the worst spot in the bracket. 

Skilz.  Rice has skilz.

Well, the pain and suffering is again one game away from being over. Next year, next year, next year...forget it let's get back to football.

51 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I got a metric. The sub 100 rebels kicked your ass enough for the first 30 minutes that they didn't need any more field goals in the final 10 minutes. 

Things you'll be lucky to see just once in your life:

- Bigfoot

- A teletubby that's not gay

- A Fresno coed with more than four teeth

- UNLV beating the Aztecs this season

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

10 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I have the top five in that order as well. 

I think your team is going to come back and try to punch the rebs in the mouth for ruining your perfect season. Both games were very close, so we'll see what happens. We have to get past Boise first, and you have to get past probably Fresno? Both will require full attention.

I'm not sure UNLV has the depth to go at it like they'll need to. And if EML is out, forget about it. But here's to hoping we both win on Thursday and meet up on Friday night. :cheers:

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The likely CSU-Nevada game is going to be a good one to watch on Thursday. 

I give CSU the edge in this one.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Boise State is very capable of beating UNLV. And they could still make the NIT.

Of course they're capable.  Their MWC conference tourney and March pedigrees suggest otherwise but anything's possible.

Sucks we would have to play SDSU if we get past Boise... they are gonna be salivating at a possible rematch for UNLV ruining their perfect regular season.

Rebels have to beat Boise handily to conserve their energy in the 2nd half if they stand a chance against the Asstecs.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

So he's saying there's a chance??

If you mean of Wyoming beating CSU, yeah there's a chance. A 15% chance that multiple Cowboys with their total absence of bias think their team can overcome.

Boom goes the dynamite.

UNLV in a rebuilding year, did not take a backward step in the standings. The Rebels also won more games.

Im not expecting much in the tournament. Any wins at this point are just cake. If the Rebels make a run with whats on the roster now, moving forward UNLV should should be a real threat at the top of the mw.

7 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Best case scenario is for Utah State to at least make it to the final. That should be enough to slide them into the 11 seed in the NCAA Tourney. Then for UNLV or Boise State to upset SDSU and then Utah State in the final.

Realistically. We get two in the NCAA and two or three in the NIT.

:rotflmfao:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, bnastyaztecs said:

Lol 11 mins without a basket and still got a W.

Refs ratings mean jack shit. Stop reading Zeigler articles like they're unbiased facts. Kenpom ref ratings have nothing to do with actual performance. MWC regulars are all trash and rated highly, which disputes your whole argument for the "ranking."

Still less fouls. More FTs. Still took that L. In fact those refs could have and should have called the flagrant on Mitchell when EML made him look like a fool. By definition a textbook flagrant 1.

We missed 3 FTs down stretch and only went 13-19. Hardly a flawless stretch.

Whole lotta confidence in a team that barely squeaked by in Vegas with the W and then held Rebs FGless for 10 mins in 2nd game and still lost....

All is well, For Rice is gone.