Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Utah State @ New Mexico

11 hours ago, mondego said:

This is how you shit down both legs if you're in the hunt for an at-large. Scoring 12 points in the last 12 minutes of the game is Wyoming level bad. The last two minutes were as bad as I've seen. 

As bad as the last two minutes in Boise?

12 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Nah... they were 37 in NET and took a bad Q3 loss on the road. We took a bad Q3 loss to you guys at home and only dropped four spots. :shrug: 

Utags will still be in lie for an at-large - they're just go from a 10-seed to an 11- or 12-seed.

Welllll it was SDSU's first loss of the year, and if you're going to lose one game all season---it might as well be to a school with some brand-value like UNLV. Analytics aside, I don't think the Selection Committee is going to be very forgiving w/ Utah St. They would rather take a P5 team with an inferior resume, but larger TV market....and if there's a few Cinderellas in Conf. Tourneys (which there will be) then they're definitely boned. 

Barring at-least a MWC Champ game appearance, I think the Aggie's are on the outside looking in. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

33 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Welllll it was SDSU's first loss of the year, and if you're going to lose one game all season---it might as well be to a school with some brand-value like UNLV. Analytics aside, I don't think the Selection Committee is going to be very forgiving w/ Utah St. They would rather take a P5 team with an inferior resume, but larger TV market....and if there's a few Cinderellas in Conf. Tourneys (which there will be) then they're definitely boned. 

Barring at-least a MWC Champ game appearance, I think the Aggie's are on the outside looking in. 

Idk... you really think they'd drop from a 9-seed to no bid at all? They only dropped one place (from 37 to 38) in the NET, so I just don't see them getting snubbed from that loss. :shrug:

Even though you guys are playing at a much higher level than the Loobs right now, both our loss to you and their loss @UNM are both Q3 losses and not too dissimilar as far as the metrics are concerned, and I doubt given the breadth of the body of work they have to inspect that the SC will focus much if at all on the subjective qualitative side of USU's reasonable loss, especially given the number of upsets that have been occurring with regularity this late in the season. Maybe a Stage 4 bed shitting in the tourney might change that?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

39 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Idk... you really think they'd drop from a 9-seed to no bid at all? They only dropped one place (from 37 to 38) in the NET, so I just don't see them getting snubbed from that loss. :shrug:

Even though you guys are playing at a much higher level than the Loobs right now, both our loss to you and their loss @UNM are both Q3 losses and not too dissimilar as far as the metrics are concerned, and I doubt given the breadth of the body of work they have to inspect that the SC will focus much if at all on the subjective qualitative side of USU's reasonable loss, especially given the number of upsets that have been occurring with regularity this late in the season. Maybe a Stage 4 bed shitting in the tourney might change that?

Or a bid thief like a UCLA rising up? :ph34r:  Left for dead, they now lead the Pac 12.

25 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Or a bid thief like a UCLA rising up? :ph34r:  Left for dead, they now lead the Pac 12.

The Bruins surge has been amazing. I’ve never seen a Bruins team play defense and rebound like this team. Then throw in just enough offense and Cronin has performed a miracle with Alford’s bench warmers from last year.  

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The Bruins surge has been amazing. I’ve never seen a Bruins team play defense and rebound like this team. Then throw in just enough offense and Cronin has performed a miracle with Alford’s bench warmers from last year.  

Haha, "miracle" is a bit generous dontcha think? More like playing up to expectations given the talent-level on their roster. UCLA goes 10-deep and of those 10 players, every single one of them was a 4 or 5 star recruit....Every single one of them a Top-50 recruit in the country. Shaq's kid had to transfer because he couldn't log in significant minutes. 

Adidas keeps UCLA so fed with talent it's insane. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Joe Lunardi says Last 4 In for USU as we enter March

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Haha, "miracle" is a bit generous dontcha think? More like playing up to expectations given the talent-level on their roster. UCLA goes 10-deep and of those 10 players, every single one of them was a 4 or 5 star recruit....Every single one of them a Top-50 recruit in the country. Shaq's kid had to transfer because he couldn't log in significant minutes. 

This post took quite a few liberties to make a point

Wrong. Try three and four star. There are zero five star recruits on this Bruin team. Most of these kids Alford had on the bench last year. Cronin turned a bunch of soft kids that never played defense into tough minded kids that battle for every rebound and are now one of the better defensive teams in the country. Yeah it’s a miracle how well they are playing this year compared to Alford’s team last year. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

USUs NET only dropped one point to 35. They are still on the list for the last four in. IMO they will still get in the Dance if they get to the MWC CG.

They need to be in the final imo.  I don’t think they make it.

50 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wrong. Try three and four star. There are zero five star recruits on this Bruin team. Most of these kids Alford had on the bench last year. Cronin turned a bunch of soft kids that never played defense into tough minded kids that battle for every rebound and are now one of the better defensive teams in the country. Yeah it’s a miracle how well they are playing this year compared to Alford’s team last year. 

against all odds, Cronin took this scrappy bunch of 4-star/top-50 recruits and has them playing well...This is just Rivals, most of these guys are fringe 5-star ESPN recruits as well. LOL. moron. UCLA only has a higher-rated roster than about 90%+ of college basketball programs. 

TRULY A MIRACLE!

image.png.0e3e296fdfe24b2201f347dd7a01d086.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

9 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

against all odds, Cronin took this scrappy bunch of 4-star/top-50 recruits and has them playing well...This is just Rivals, most of these guys are fringe 5-star ESPN recruits as well. LOL. morons. Only about a higher-rated roster than about 90% of college basketball programs. 

TRULY A MIRACLE!

image.png.0e3e296fdfe24b2201f347dd7a01d086.png

Most of these guys played for Alford and were terrible. They were also bad early in the season although they were good enough to beat the Rebels. Cronin has made them into a very good team. 

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Most of these guys played for Alford and were terrible. They were also bad early in the season although they were good enough to beat the Rebels. Cronin has made them into a very good team. 

They weren't terrible. UCLA is just a sh*tshow. Their performance is more of a reflection on their administration, boosters, and Alford's ability than the talent on UCLA's roster. The reason why coaches don't last long at UCLA is boosters refuse to except anything less than Final Fours when Adidas $poonfeeds them the most elite talent in the country year-in, and year out. Although a team that only has 4-star/Top 50 talent without any 5-star McDonald All-Americans is definitely a rebuild year for them. All I'm saying is Cronin being competent enough to lead a team with more ELITE talent than 90% of college programs to a spectacular 19-11 record is far from a miracle.--and it's ridiculous to even buy-in to that nonsense they're marketing. 

If that's a miracle what do you call SDSU's success this year? Matt Mitchell, Flynn, Schakel...those guys are low-tier 3-stars and everyone else on the team ranges from a 2-star to 0-star/unranked. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

They weren't terrible. UCLA is just a sh*tshow. Their performance is more of a reflection on their administration, boosters, and Alford's ability than the talent on UCLA's roster. The reason why coaches don't last long at UCLA is boosters refuse to except anything less than Final Fours when Adidas $poonfeeds them the most elite talent in the country year-in, and year out. Although a team that only has 4-star/Top 50 talent without any 5-star McDonald All-Americans is definitely a rebuild year for them. All I'm saying is Cronin being competent enough to lead a team with more ELITE talent than 90% of college programs to a spectacular 19-11 record is far from a miracle.--and it's ridiculous to even buy-in to that nonsense they're marketing. 

If that's a miracle what do you call SDSU's success this year? Matt Mitchell, Flynn, Schakel...those guys are low-tier 3-stars and everyone else on the team ranges from a 2-star to 0-star/unranked. 

Good God man, stop making stuff up

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Kind of goes to show how bad Alford is, lol.

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

They did lose to Cal State Fullerton and needed a late rally to beat Long Beach State