Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

Best hotel for MWC tourney??

4 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Just depends on what exactly you’re looking for. For price and location, the Excalibur hotel is very reasonably priced and is not far from the T&M. 

Thank you.  

4 hours ago, AggieSox said:

We are coming down to mwc tourney next week. 

what’s best hotel? Any hotels close to T&M? 

any must eat joints?

download hotel tonight on your phone and shop around

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

4 hours ago, AggieSox said:

any must eat joints?

All the strip hotels are relatively close. There's a couple Hyatt garden type places closer around Harmon/Paradise though that are across the street from UNLV. As far as places to eat there's literally 1,000. Would need more info on what kind of place you're looking for.

14 hours ago, AggieSox said:

any must eat joints?

South point for me.   Great service always priced well.  

41 minutes ago, slappy said:

South point for me.   Great service always priced well.  

Yes...love Southpoint although pretty far from the strip and Thomas & Mack.

That is where UNM has stayed in recent years. This year we have moved to Park MGM. (formerly Monte Carlo)

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I’ve always stayed at the Hard Rock. Easy walk to T&M. It’s not on the Strip but I actually like that. 

That placed is closed I think, getting rebranded as virgin hotels.

10 hours ago, toonkee said:

All the strip hotels are relatively close. There's a couple Hyatt garden type places closer around Harmon/Paradise though that are across the street from UNLV. As far as places to eat there's literally 1,000. Would need more info on what kind of place you're looking for.

Ok...…..Where is best Steak and Seafood Buffet?  and best Steak joint and Hamburger joint?  

25 minutes ago, AggieSox said:

Ok...…..Where is best Steak and Seafood Buffet?  and best Steak joint and Hamburger joint?  

Very good.

The M, Cosmo and Wynn have my favorite buffets but really any of the higher end hotels are good in that department. 

Steak House..Carnevino. there's a Lawry's pretty close to the Mack as well if you just want good old prime rib. I never hate going to Lawry's.

Burger... I'm not into the celeb chef burger joints, I've never had a burger blow me away at any of them, so honestly my pics are shake shack and in n out. Look up fukuburger if you want something more exotic. 

2 hours ago, AggieSox said:

Excellent steakhouse inside Silverton. The go-to steak place among a lot of f&b professionals when I lived there was actually the Steakhouse at Circus Circus. And I'm not talking about the 70's. You could walk in there on a Monday night in 2005 and half the crowd was local f&b pros. Palm Steakhouse is always good if you want that NYC steakhouse vibe.

Personally, one of my favorite spots on the Strip, that is actually a good value, is Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. Get a table outside with views of the Bellagio fountains, great people watching, and enjoy excellent French Bistro-style food including pounded steak and killer fries. 

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

33 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Excellent steakhouse inside Silverton. The go-to steak place among a lot of f&b professionals when I lived there was actually the Steakhouse at Circus Circus. And I'm not talking about the 70's. You could walk in there on a Monday night in 2005 and half the crowd was local f&b pros. Palm Steakhouse is always good if you want that NYC steakhouse vibe.

Personally, one of my favorite spots on the Strip, that is actually a good value, is Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. Get a table outside with views of the Bellagio fountains, great people watching, and enjoy excellent French Bistro-style food including pounded steak and killer fries. 

I was also going to bring up mon ami Gabi with the outdoor seating. The steak is pretty good. Going to be great weather tournament week as well. A very good Vegas experience with the food, weather, Bellagio fountains and people watching, just like you said.

5 hours ago, toonkee said:

Very good.

The M, Cosmo and Wynn have my favorite buffets but really any of the higher end hotels are good in that department. 

Steak House..Carnevino. there's a Lawry's pretty close to the Mack as well if you just want good old prime rib. I never hate going to Lawry's.

Burger... I'm not into the celeb chef burger joints, I've never had a burger blow me away at any of them, so honestly my pics are shake shack and in n out. Look up fukuburger if you want something more exotic. 

The Mirage has a good buffet for a relatively good price. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

6 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

5 hours ago, toonkee said:

I was also going to bring up mon ami Gabi with the outdoor seating. The steak is pretty good. Going to be great weather tournament week as well. A very good Vegas experience with the food, weather, Bellagio fountains and people watching, just like you said.

I like Mon Ami for lunch, more so than for dinner. But the people watching outside is fantastic, regardless of day or night.