Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Women's hoops bracket

I think the Broncos experience in previous finals paid off in this game. Fresno State pushed them to the limit, but they never lost confidence. Ironically it was the sophomore Loville who hit all the key shots down the stretch. With Hodgkins and Coleman their go to players fouled out Loville was the hero. 

McGwire played like a deer in the headlights. She was very tentative the whole game. She needs to step up her game if the Broncos hope to have a shot next year. 

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

More like win or go to the WNIT

Any chances that Wyoming and SJSU are also going to the WNIT?

Dogs 4 of 17 from 3 point land. Shameful. Shouldn't have come down to OT and "controversial call."

Bad 3 point shooting has plagued this team all season.

The upside is, they will actually get a winnable opening round game in WNIT, probably at home rather than get a 13 seed and get their heads kicked in in the the opening round of the NCAA tournament.

Mind boggling end of the game. They got completely hosed by the refs. It stings but I’m really excited to see the Cavinder twins for the next 3 years. They will be a force in this conference and I’m pretty sure we return most of this team, if not all of the key pieces. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Chris Murray in Reno meek tweeted that this years women's hoop team was the first SJSU team to have a winning MWC league record.

In any sport or gender.

He never said all the sports SJSU sponsored. He said it for football, men's and women's hoops, and baseball. 

Just now, Bob said:

Congrats to the lady Donks! I didn't stay up and watch, but that's got to sting for Fresno. Did #42 for the lady Donks foul out and not play OT?

Yup. Both Coleman and Hodgins fouled out for Boise before end of regulation.

Fresno had a 9-0 run in the last 5 minutes to put it into overtime.  One of the twins hit a 30 footer at the end of regulation to put the game into overtime.

Then at the end of overtime, Fresno was down 3 and got fouled with 4 seconds left.  Made the first free throw and then intentionally missed the second.  Fresno's Gamez somehow got the rebound, it appeared she may have stepped on the line, but wasn't called.  As she is up in the air to shoot a jumper from the baseline, the ref blows the whistle.  On replay you could hear someone yell timeout!  The basket sank and Fresno would have tied it up.  But refs gave Fresno the timeout (which they didn't have) and so Boise got to shoot technical foul  free throws.  Very crappy way to end the game.  Gamez played lights out towards the end of the game.  

1 hour ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Mind boggling end of the game. They got completely hosed by the refs. It stings but I’m really excited to see the Cavinder twins for the next 3 years. They will be a force in this conference and I’m pretty sure we return most of this team, if not all of the key pieces. 

TUNLVFAN

42 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Likely Tourney Options:

16 seed vs. 1 seed (#3) Oregon in Eugene.

14 seed vs. 3 seed (#12) Gonzaga in Spokane.

13 seed vs. 4 seed (#14) Oregon State in Corvallis.

I’m guessing the last one, a chance at redemption. 

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I think the Broncos experience in previous finals paid off in this game. Fresno State pushed them to the limit, but they never lost confidence. Ironically it was the sophomore Loville who hit all the key shots down the stretch. With Hodgkins and Coleman their go to players fouled out Loville was the hero. 

McGwire played like a deer in the headlights. She was very tentative the whole game. She needs to step up her game if the Broncos hope to have a shot next year. 

Agree on McGwire. I was nervous when she was in the game. A number of turnovers and even more very close turnovers. Both McGwire and Rachel (don't know her last name) struggled with fresnos quickness. Gordies switch to a smaller, quicker lineup with Ellie, was genius and made the difference in the game. It is a shame to see a game like this decided on a call but glad for the Broncos win. 

1 minute ago, Jalex4141 said:

Agree on McGwire. I was nervous when she was in the game. A number of turnovers and even more very close turnovers. Both McGwire and Rachel (don't know her last name) struggled with fresnos quickness. Gordies switch to a smaller, quicker lineup with Ellie, was genius and made the difference in the game. It is a shame to see a game like this decided on a call but glad for the Broncos win. 

I get so frustrated with McGwire. She was so tentative and loose with the ball last night. She was holding it out asking for it to be poked away. She is not a great athlete but not bad either. She needs to understand she towers over the others. She has enough bulk to get position in the post, but doesn’t make the effort to do so. 

Get position and go over the opponent or develop a baby hook. She should be dominating the post position in the MWC. Instead she prefers to play on the perimeter. 

Given her tentativeness last night, Presnell made the correct move going small with Woerner who had one helluva game particularly on the rebounding side. 

Since the game is over, this shouldn't mess with MWC board juju...

Boise State Women's Basketball - Top

Fresno State Women's Basketball - Bottom

down in a hole.jpg

3 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Since the game is over, this shouldn't mess with MWC board juju...

Boise State Women's Basketball - Top

Fresno State Women's Basketball - Bottom

I’ll bet Presnell still has nightmares about those Cavinder twins. And he has to deal with them three more years. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ll bet Presnell still has nightmares about those Cavinder twins. And he has to deal with them three more years. 

Boise State had some Cavender twins that gave teams fits! 

down in a hole.jpg