Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Women's hoops bracket

Congratulations to Boise State you deserved the victory.  It was your defense that won this game behind rested legs vs a young fatigued AF Falcon team. See ya next year.  Good luck.

https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-women-s-basketball-routed-by-a-fresh-legged/article_e461061c-5d0d-11ea-8bed-efda80a781b7.html

( The Gazette )

..GO FALCONS..

43 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Got 1 v. 2 and FSU vs BSU in final.

I'd take FSU.

I have a feeling this goes to the wire like the first matchup. I have great respect for the Cavinder twins. Those girls are awesome players and competitors. And Utti is the MWC POY. The Broncos will have their hands full. 

Broncos will have their hands full if the 3 point shooting is as good as it was vs the Spartans.

This team has two flaws...a consistently strong post presence, and consistent 3 point shooting.

The Wiggins teams that kept winning the WAC had the same driving guard play, in addition to lights out 3 point shooting (but zero post presence).

If the 3 point shooting is as it was vs Reno, the Broncos will run away with this one.

Also, Presnell is probably the best X and O's coach in the MWC, then Ryun Williams. Jamie White on her best day is a distant 3rd although I think AFA Chris Gobrecht is phenomenal...so she's probably 4th on her best day. If it comes down to coaching, Boise wins.

Is Fresno a likely auto-bid if they lose the championship?  They are sitting at 25-6 overall. 

Boise definitely needs to win to make the NCAA tourney as they are 23-9 with some bad losses.

In the first meeting, Boise was up 10 entering the 4th quarter.  Should be a good game.

6 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Is Fresno a likely auto-bid if they lose the championship?  They are sitting at 25-6 overall. 

Boise definitely needs to win to make the NCAA tourney as they are 23-9 with some bad losses.

In the first meeting, Boise was up 10 entering the 4th quarter.  Should be a good game.

The MWC is not a good women’s basketball conference. There will be no at large selection for either team. It’s win or go home.