Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine

BYU and Fresno State today announced a two-game football series for the 2025 and 2027 seasons.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Surprised Fresno was able to land a home and home.  This is a huge win for the bulldogs (home of the 2-1/one and done).

BYU, as an independent (even one with a 'name'), has less negotiating power.  As evidenced by the fact that BYU is home-and-home, but Fresno had to go 2-for-1 with...Kansas.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, RSF said:

BYU, as an independent (even one with a 'name'), has less negotiating power.  As evidenced by the fact that BYU is home-and-home, but Fresno had to go 2-for-1 with...Kansas.

Yep, like I said.  This is a home run considering the amount of respect Fresno has (nearly none).

Guest #1Stunner
27 minutes ago, RSF said:

Gotta fill that October / November schedule, Yo.

I'll say it again, though.  Current goal is to schedule SMU or TCU at Jerry World. (Want an air conditioned building)

The DeathStar has no interest in SMU.  And TCU is been-there-done-that.

Only 2 non-P5 teams have ever played at the DeathStar.  BYU and TCU (before the B12 move).  If TCU and BYU ever hook up again, it wont be in Arlington.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yep, like I said.  This is a home run considering the amount of respect Fresno has (nearly none).

the new AD is ramping up Fresno's OOC scheduling, Bulldogs also have a home and home with Wash State coming up...so there is another home run you can add...

4 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

the new AD is ramping up Fresno's OOC scheduling, Bulldogs also have a home and home with Wash State coming up...so there is another home run you can add...

The schedule needs to be ramped up given you play in the West division.  Just not sure body bag one and done's and two for ones with Kansas are the way to get there.

54 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Thats more like a ground rule double....

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The schedule needs to be ramped up given you play in the West division.  Just not sure body bag one and done's and two for ones with Kansas are the way to get there.

I don't agree with your body bag analogy.  In 2017, I would agree that Fresno was not going to be competitive with either Alabama or Washington.  But Fresno can be competitive against teams like USC, UCLA, OSU, WSU, BYU, etc...going forward, last time we played BYU and UCLA we beat them...that 4-8 record last year is not indicative of what the bulldogs are capable of, they will compete for the west div title again this year.  Mark it down...

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I don't get the 2 for 1 with Kansas either.  I get you have to do some 2 for 1 scheduling to get big name helmet schools to come to your place, but Kansas?

La Tech got a home-and-home out of Kansas for 27/28 in October.

BYU fill out rivalry week with The PAC12 as well. it’s USC/Stanford 2020-23 and 26. My complaint has been we are too P5 heavy plus we play the top G5 schools. We need Wyoming every year to lighten the load. We need the gimmie game that you just beat the shit of team easily. 

We still need rival week for 24 and 25. Probably Utah one year. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

9 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I don't get the 2 for 1 with Kansas either.  I get you have to do some 2 for 1 scheduling to get big name helmet schools to come to your place, but Kansas?

Must be a lot of Bulldog alumni in Lawrence.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/28/2020 at 8:18 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Surprised Fresno was able to land a home and home.  This is a huge win for the bulldogs (home of the 2-1/one and done).

As much of a SOS killer as Fresno is, BYU’s schedule is pretty brutal so these games will be semi bye weeks for the Cougars and they’ll be able to recover a bit which will be pretty crucial as they hit the home stretch.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 minute ago, RogueStout said:

As much of a SOS killer as Fresno is, BYU’s schedule is pretty brutal so these games will be semi bye weeks for the Cougars and they’ll be able to recover a bit which will be pretty crucial as they hit the home stretch.

Exactly.  Great "filler" for BYU and a signature series for Fresno.  Win-Win.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Exactly.  Great "filler" for BYU and a signature series for Fresno.  Win-Win.

I find it hilarious you guys think this is a filler game for BYU.  Newsflash, BYU and Fresno have played each other 11 times and Fresno is ahead in the series.  Just because BYU beat Boise last year doesn't mean that Fresno is going to be a push over for BYU in 2020.  BYU could very easily lose that game just like they did last time Fresno played them in 2017.  just laughable...