Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrediggerPoke

MWC Rewards Boise State

Guest #1Stunner
30 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

..,with a November 21 road trip to Laramie Wyoming!

Never understood why Wyoming didn't try to schedule their 1 annual FCS opponent in late November, and play a MWC school earlier in the season when it is warmer.

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Never understood why Wyoming didn't try to schedule their 1 annual FCS opponent in late November, and play a MWC school earlier in the season when it is warmer.

Why would we do that?  I sure hope we get one of the nice Laramie November days with horizontal snow, negative wind chills and 40 MPH sustained winds.

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Why would we do that?  I sure hope we get one of the nice Laramie November days with horizontal snow, negative wind chills and 40 MPH sustained winds.

Hopefully our equipment guys don't forget the coats like they did for the freezing rainstorm in Provo last year.

35 minutes ago, baileyake said:

The bigger reward is Air Force the week before Florida State. The Bronco's aren't going to have any linemen available against the Seminoles. Thanks Craig.

And Georgia Southern, which I also believe is a heavy option team before Air Force.  Honestly, I'm not too concerned about injuries, but I'm not sure playing two option teams in a row out of the gates is the best preparation for Florida State in week 3.

7 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

And Georgia Southern, which I also believe is a heavy option team before Air Force.  Honestly, I'm not too concerned about injuries, but I'm not sure playing two option teams in a row out of the gates is the best preparation for Florida State in week 3.

It might actually be just the opposite.  Option defense is very intensive on assignment discipline.  A couple weeks of forcing that mental discipline could be very beneficial in moving on to face more mainstream offenses.

3 hours ago, roughrider said:

Idahoans aint pansies.  Weather doesn't mean squat.

you guys think 10 is cold! cripes

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Chicago could give WYO a run for worst winters.  

I guess if you consider within 25 degrees as "a run for".

Also, consider the wind. https://www.isws.illinois.edu/statecli/wind/wind.htm http://www.usa.com/rank/wyoming-state--average-wind-speed--county-rank.htm

421049064_climatecomp.png.2efb3c69e0af7ffcc3afaf78e967690d.png

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Kind reminder to all visiting BSU fans, Laramie’s top restaurant fills fast so make reservations now.

Contact info below...

Chili’s 

(307) 745-3540

2523 Grand Ave, Laramie, Wy 82070

I see Laramie as the kind of place that still has a Wendy’s with a salad bar.   

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, roughrider said:

Idahoans aint pansies.  Weather doesn't mean squat.

Treasure Valley Idahoans can't handle the extreme cold.  Terrible attendance by Boise State fans in cold weather games.

The cold weather tough Idahoans are in the potato belt  -- Idaho Falls, and along the Wyoming border.

4 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Chicago could give WYO a run for worst winters.  

Y’all don’t know what cold is.

Our current temp below.  We’ve been dealing with -40s/-50s 70%-of-Feb.

@LoboMan59 feels my pain.

282C2544-B0DD-49DA-BF94-574E33F1056C.png