Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

MWC Basketball Attendance

UNM, UNR, Fresno, the UTags received Zero (0) parking and concessions revenue ?  How is that so ?

Is Sparty revenue accurate ?  They would have trouble making it as a JC on $ 81k.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

26 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

Stadium has compiled men’s basketball attendance and ticket sales data from the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons, and we’re now breaking it down by conference.

so this is not attendance for this season for the record

The Boise State attendance looks accurate for this season. It took a big dive from last year. But I think you’re right. When it said 2019 I thought it meant this season. 

How is the average ticket price for Nevada $10 when you can't purchase a ticket for less than $30?  I get some tickets might be given away and included in the average, but season ticket sales in those years was 80% of the stadium.  

13 minutes ago, packNV said:

How is the average ticket price for Nevada $10 when you can't purchase a ticket for less than $30?  I get some tickets might be given away and included in the average, but season ticket sales in those years was 80% of the stadium.  

It looks like they merely divided ticket sales by game by seat.  The year's ticket sales may be off.

23 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

UNM, UNR, Fresno, the UTags received Zero (0) parking and concessions revenue ?  How is that so ?

Is Sparty revenue accurate ?  They would have trouble making it as a JC on $ 81k.

That last column is spotty for sure.  Too many ways to add up or not add up numbers. SDSU parking would make that total up in just a few games if they found a way to count it and attribute it to basketball games. 

Essentially, these folks did what they could, but the confounding variables portion would be as long as the summary of analysis.

36 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That last column is spotty for sure.  Too many ways to add up or not add up numbers. SDSU parking would make that total up in just a few games if they found a way to count it and attribute it to basketball games. 

Essentially, these folks did what they could, but the confounding variables portion would be as long as the summary of analysis.

What does SDSU charge for parking? It’s $5 for Boise State although you can park for free just off campus. And you don’t have the hassle of getting out of the lot after the game. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

What does SDSU charge for parking? It’s $5 for Boise State although you can park for free just off campus. And you don’t have the hassle of getting out of the lot after the game. 

$20 unless you get one as a booster (at a certain level) and you get season tix.

7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

$20 unless you get one as a booster (at a certain level) and you get season tix.

Wow, it’s amazing the attendance is so good. The annual average family earnings must exceed $100,000 in San Diego. 

Edit: Just checked it and it’s $80,000 compared to $50,000 in Boise. You’re getting overcharged for parking. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wow, it’s amazing the attendance is so good. The annual average family earnings must exceed $100,000 in San Diego. 

Edit: Just checked it and it’s $80,000 compared to $50,000 in Boise. You’re getting overcharged for parking. Lol. 

Eh, carpool or take the LRT that drops you off on campus.  No one can complain about overcharging when you have options.

The study is very incomplete for example they do not include student fees as part of the revenue off of tickets so unless your student buys a ticket that ticket price is zero. USU students pay $5 million in athletic fees per year, Also donations needed to buy tickets on court side are not taken into account. Parking and concession can not be zero. The study is close to useless.

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Boise State attendance looks accurate for this season. It took a big dive from last year. But I think you’re right. When it said 2019 I thought it meant this season. 

Boise should have a big uptick next season. A ton of buzz heading into the season is rare. 

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Eh, carpool or take the LRT that drops you off on campus.  No one can complain about overcharging when you have options.

When I drive I park in the old structure east of College right off the freeway. Technically you are supposed to pay but I’ve been doing it for years and never got a ticket. You do have to walk all the way across campus. 

Otherwise I take the 215 bus. It runs from downtown to SDSU via Park Blvd and El Cajon Blvd. every 15 minutes with limited stops. Has a segregated lane in the median of Park and its own striped lane on El Cajon Blvd. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

$20.00 but I get a pass with my donation. Frankly, I'm tiring of the hassle of getting out of the parking structure after the game.  I'm going to look into parking @ Qualcomm and catching the trolley to the campus next year.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

$20.00 but I get a pass with my donation. Frankly, I'm tiring of the hassle of getting out of the parking structure after the game.  I'm going to look into parking @ Qualcomm and catching the trolley to the campus next year.

Yeah, the traffic getting out of the structures by Viejas are a drag. Especially after 8 o’clock games. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

These are the stats from the MWC’s website for 2019-20 attendance, thus far:

3rd column - total games

4th column - total attendance

5th column - total home attendance

6th column - average home attendance

1 San Diego State 28 273842 175015 11,677
2 New Mexico 30 257639 186646 10,979
3 Utah State 30 210985 138737 8,671
4 Nevada 29 205971 119960 8,568
5 UNLV 29 232009 138324 8,136
6 Fresno State 28 150760 72910 5,608