Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Boise State at UNLV

My favorite lineup by far is

EML, Coleman, Hardy, Hamilton, Blair.

Small ball, but scrappy as hell.

Tonight was fun.

Boise closed that 30 point gap late, but the team clearly took their foot off the pedal.

The new look Rebs with Elijah are ballin. Fun ass group to watch. Boise had no chance.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, soupslam1 said:

If you win next weeks return matchup you’ll get your wish as the 4-5 winner plays the 1-8 winner in the second round. 

Yup. A matchup we'd rather have.

Hopefully Reno upsets Utah State too. The only team we haven't beat this MWC season. A game we let go.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Yup. A matchup we'd rather have.

Hopefully Reno upsets Utah State too. The only team we haven't beat this MWC season. A game we let go.

I'm all for a Nevada/UNLV matchup in the conference title game...

7 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Gimme SDSU all damn day over USU.

USU fans want no part of UNLV. Your athleticism causes us fits. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 hours ago, qwelish said:

Solid win. Always good to see Leon leaving the Mack with an L.

This is how Leon's teams play as March gets close; not focused, no alpha males to take over, crap defense, etc.  March Madness is the most frustrating time of year for Bronco basketball fans.  I fully expect one game and out next week and then hoping next year is some sort of reprieve from groundhog's day.

5 minutes ago, roughrider said:

This is how Leon's teams play as March gets close; not focused, no alpha males to take over, crap defense, etc.  March Madness is the most frustrating time of year for Bronco basketball fans.  I fully expect one game and out next week and then hoping next year is some sort of reprieve from groundhog's day.

At least next year we will have high end athleticism across the board.  Even if the team has all the same flaws as this one, that should account for 4 more wins and we may see some defense being played.

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

At least next year we will have high end athleticism across the board.  Even if the team has all the same flaws as this one, that should account for 4 more wins and we may see some defense being played.

We've been hearing the "next year" quote for how many years?  Apparently, "next year" doesn't come.  More things change, the more they stay the same.

3 minutes ago, Spazdog said:

We've been hearing the "next year" quote for how many years?  Apparently, "next year" doesn't come.  More things change, the more they stay the same.

Last year, nobody was expecting us to be good "this year" so no, you did not hear the next year line.  The year before that, Boise fans expected a big drop off with everybody that was lost, no next year line then, either.
:shrug:

I beg to differ.  We leveraged last year for the promise of an elite team with Mikey and other apparently talented players that rode the pine.  Fans and even Coach Rice talked about it last year.  Then in the off season, hopes were elevated with transfer of Akot & Kigab.  This was to be the best starting 5 that ever donned a Bronco uniform.  Then Mikey left just before the start of the season for unknown reason.  Akot was deemed ineligible.  You know the story.  

Its a weird season for Rebel fans. Some weird lows on the season to now with a shot at 13 conference wins.

My measuring stick was matching last seasons conference win total. Totz beat that and added a W over a top 5 team. Definitely an overachiecing season. 

45 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Shaver should take over at PG with RayJ getting better, Kigab and Akot will make a more athletic pair of wings and Armus is a beast.  But D has to to be coached.  And an offense that doesn't depend on jacking 30 3's a game has to be coached.  I don't sense any coaching changes, so... I wish I could be optimistic but I've given up on the next year hopes a long time ago. Lowered expectations make for less disappointment.

1 minute ago, roughrider said:

Shaver should take over at PG with RayJ getting better, Kigab and Akot will make a more athletic pair of wings and Armus is a beast.  But D has to to be coached.  And an offense that doesn't depend on jacking 30 3's a game has to be coached.  I don't sense any coaching changes, so... I wish I could be optimistic but I've given up on the next year hopes a long time ago. Lowered expectations make for less disappointment.

We don't take that many threes.  It's not the game it was 15 years ago.  The amount of threes we take is nothing uncommon and less many good teams.  Agree about the defense.