bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, ripple effect said:

It's a pandemic.  Not birth control.  Not a welfare decision.  Not tax policy.  I can live with the current prez making this one mandate, not others.  I don't think acting on a once per century pandemic would give the green light for a moralistic guy like Biden to run amok with myriad executive orders...

yah, but then the 'orange shit stain' will declare some emergency and go apeshit with his powers that people like you made sure he got...lol and then u'll whine about how much of a tyrant he is despite being one of the people pushing for a president to have such EO powers....lol

u people are dumb af...lol

13 minutes ago, SAMO said:

yah, but then the 'orange shit stain' will declare some emergency and go apeshit with his powers that people like you made sure he got...lol and then u'll whine about how much of a tyrant he is despite being one of the people pushing for a president to have such EO powers....lol

You should know that your annoying "lol" schtick is working - something a sock can be proud of (I suppose) - but, not surprisingly, you don't know WTF you're talking about.  A person like me made sure the president has power?  Your mind must be a dope-fest of fantastical colors.  I'm guessing the rainbow.  Good for you...

Later, "guy"... 

1 minute ago, ripple effect said:

You should know that your annoying "lol" schtick is working - something a sock can be proud of (I suppose) - but, not surprisingly, you don't know WTF you're talking about.  A person like me made sure the president has power?  Your mind must be a dope-fest of fantastical colors.  

Later, "guy"... 

u should know ur dumb af...lol

later, mr. dumb af...lol

when were all getting sent to gulags bc of an 'emergency' i guess u can sleep on yer cot well enough knowing u pushed for the president to have such powers...lol

u'd drown in a rainstorm...lol

37 minutes ago, SAMO said:

people that think executive orders started with Obama are dumb af…. lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Couple things: I am alarmed at the government mandating of medical procedures to keep employment. I am alarmed that in other parts of the world there are required camps to quarantine. Entire countries locking down multiple times. 

Not sure if your anti-vaxxer comment was directed at me, but I'm fully vaccinated + a booster. I fully support everyone getting vaccinated, but I understand why people have hestitations. My general guideline for life is less government= generally better for all of us. 

I’m alarmed that it’s necessary to mandate and people didn’t do it voluntarily.. Coronavirus made me realize Americans aren’t nearly as intelligent as I had thought. 

And yeah, the losing freedoms claim(not by you) is crap.. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

people that think executive orders started with Obama are dumb af…. lol

i agree...lol did i infer that he did?...lol no...lol. nowhere did i say that...lol

his predecessor (the dumb+++++ from connecticut with the fake texass accent) sort of perfected the art...lol

but thats beyond the point...lol the point is...be careful what u wish 4 given the circumstances...lol

1 minute ago, SAMO said:

i agree...lol did i infer that he did?...lol no...lol. nowhere did i say that...lol

his predecessor (the dumb+++++ from connecticut with the fake texass accent) sort of perfected the art...lol

but thats beyond the point...lol the point is...be careful what u wish 4 given the circumstances...lol

one sentence made you throw a bitch fit… lol

7 hours ago, xx_97 said:

We were told by low IQ goons, like yourself, that was impossible and the vaccine was going to save the world.    Now you act like you knew all along this was inevitable.   ROFL.   You were told a year ago that Covid was probably here for good but you were too damn stupid to listen.   Of course, you've stuffed 5 masks in your mouth, hidden in your basement moochinig off the government, and lap up Fauci's lies like no other.       You aren't a bright one.

By the way, NH moved up to 2nd worst today according to the NY Times in cases per capita.   Ouch.

Pathetic

9 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

It’s crazy how much a first world problem vaccine hesitancy is. 

That’s not completely true, unfortunately. There is vaccine hesitancy in some post-colonial countries as well. A couple weeks ago South Africa, despite only being something like 25% vaccinated, told the aid agencies to stop sending doses because the doses they had were starting to go bad. In some cases rural infrastructure was the problem but it was also suspicion and fear regarding the vaccines. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

well shit.  So +++++ing tired of this virus.  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/18/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

For some reason I don’t trust mainstream media outlets to truthfully report on the virus anymore. You know how delighted CNN was to publish this article? 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

53 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

For some reason I don’t trust mainstream media outlets to truthfully report on the virus anymore. You know how delighted CNN was to publish this article? 

Link to the UK study embedded in this tweet thread. It’s still early. Small sample data.   No evidence of lower virulence doesn’t mean it doesn’t have lower virulence.  Don’t know yet, but I suspect it is somewhat less virulent based on other info and analysis:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

That’s not completely true, unfortunately. There is vaccine hesitancy in some post-colonial countries as well. A couple weeks ago South Africa, despite only being something like 25% vaccinated, told the aid agencies to stop sending doses because the doses they had were starting to go bad. In some cases rural infrastructure was the problem but it was also suspicion and fear regarding the vaccines. 

Yea, but it’s mostly true. Most countries it’s simply a problem of supply and/or distribution/administration, not getting people to take them. Just look no further then the vaccination rates in the Western Hemisphere; the U.S. is only tenth, behind El Salvador and barely ahead of Peru, despite the U.S. overflowing with vaccines like literally no other nation. 

As far as African countries go, until vaccines are widely available to the general population we won’t really know to what degree vaccine hesitancy exists. And who knows when that will be.