bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, soupslam1 said:

I really don’t care that much. I just don’t see the unvaccinated as evil people that deserve to die. 

No, I don't either.  Same with smokers and bungee jumpers.  I would only use that scenario if the resources to save life were finite.  If we can treat everyone, then we should be bound to do so.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Don't they do just that with transplant lists? 

Yup.  My wife worked in transplant programs in 2 different hospitals for 20 years.  It's part of the deal, and an unfortunate one.

Prioritization of care isnt a new concept.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

27 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I don’t see the part in the HO that allow doctors to choose who is most worthy to live and die. 

Uhh they have already been doing that in the U S during this pandemic.  Parts of Wyo just sent some older covid patients to pain and end of life care as they were choosing who had a chance to make it.

when you have no nurses or beds there really is no other option

13 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

No, I don't either.  Same with smokers and bungee jumpers.  I would only use that scenario if the resources to save life were finite.  If we can treat everyone, then we should be bound to do so.

Big IF right now on whether the resources will be available

30 minutes ago, Billings said:

Uhh they have already been doing that in the U S during this pandemic.  Parts of Wyo just sent some older covid patients to pain and end of life care as they were choosing who had a chance to make it.

when you have no nurses or beds there really is no other option

Maybe I should clarify worthy. I don’t think a cardiac patient should take precedence over an unvaccinated Covid patient. It’s playing god with peoples lives. But hey that’s me, everyone’s got their own opinion. 

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Maybe I should clarify worthy. I don’t think a cardiac patient should take precedence over an unvaccinated Covid patient. It’s playing god with peoples lives. But hey that’s me, everyone’s got their own opinion. 

Hey when you have one doctor and two many patients and a severe shortage of nurses what do you do? Somebody is not getting care.  This is what the medical community is being forced into.  

Just now, Billings said:

Hey when you have one doctor and two many patients and a severe shortage of nurses what do you do? Somebody is not getting care.  This is what the medical community is being forced into.  

Take the cardiac patient ahead of the unvaccinated Covid patient regardless who came in first? Which is what several posters above appear to advocate. 

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Take the cardiac patient ahead of the unvaccinated Covid patient regardless who came in first? Which is what several posters above appear to advocate. 

tri·age
/trēˈäZH/

noun

1. (in medical use) the assignment of degrees of urgency to wounds or illnesses to decide the order of treatment of a large number of patients or casualties.
  • Like 1

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, RSF said:
tri·age
/trēˈäZH/

noun

1. (in medical use) the assignment of degrees of urgency to wounds or illnesses to decide the order of treatment of a large number of patients or casualties.

I take that to mean you’re not one of those who would treat a cardiac patient before an unvaccinated Covid patient with both given an equal prognosis of time to live? The only reason I commented on the topic is several posters feel unvaxxed Covid patients are evil and should go to the end of the line. 

26 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Covid patients can take up ICU beds for over two seeks.    Often very prolonged hospital stays and extensive use of resources to deal with infected patients. Puts almost twice the load on staff that the heart patient would

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I take that to mean you’re not one of those who would treat a cardiac patient before an unvaccinated Covid patient with both given an equal prognosis of time to live? The only reason I commented on the topic is several posters feel unvaxxed Covid patients are evil and should go to the end of the line

Few have said anything like that.

• Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, Billings said:

Covid patients can take up ICU beds for over two seeks.    Often very prolonged hospital stays and extensive use of resources to deal with infected patients. Puts almost twice the load on staff that the heart patient would

Let’s forget cardiac patients as that may not be a good comparison. Do you feel unvaccinated patients should go to the end of the line regardless of the life threatening situation. 

37 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Do you live under a phuckin rock? ERs have NEVER run on a first come first serve basis.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Pretty much implied that’s how they feel. 

I haven’t read every post, but I know people are angry, no doubt. I think it was me who started this line of discussion, and I argued that this thought should only be entertained in emergency situations where we’re already rationing care. Even then I called the idea repugnant, and stopped short of endorsing such a drastic measure.

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Do you live under a phuckin rock? ERs have NEVER run on a first come first serve basis.

So do you think life threatened unvaccinated Covid patients should go to the end of the line? I don’t but that’s just me. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. 

So anyways....

The NFL has pushed 3 games, including Raiders/Browns, to Monday/Tuesday. 

Just now, RSF said:

So anyways....

The NFL has pushed 3 games, including Raiders/Browns, to Monday/Tuesday. 

Hell yeah, football every night! Just gotta get one pushed to Wednesday.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.