bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

4 hours ago, alum93 said:

Supposedly?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/12/16/covid-sports-leagues-vaccinations-omicron-variant/8917732002/

The omicron variant multiplies 70 times faster in the human bronchial tubes than the initial COVID-19 infection or the delta variant, according to a new study from the University of Hong Kong.

The lightning-fast spread within people may explain why the variant may transmit faster among humans than previous versions, the researchers say. Their study also showed the omicron infection in the lung is significantly lower than the original SARS-CoV-2, which may be an indicator of lower disease severity. The research is currently under peer review for publication.

Yay?

To answer the posts original question this is how bad it’s going to be. We will be rooting for a variant of the disease to beat other versions.

Get vaccinated.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I gave you enough information for you to educate yourself on what kind of man he is. Now go look it up

“Do yOuR reSeArCH” says the guy who researches infectious disease information on a Facebook group called “Fauci Murdered Kennedy”.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yay?

To answer the posts original question this is how bad it’s going to be. We will be rooting for a variant of the disease to beat other versions.

Get vaccinated.

I still think it’s inevitable most of us will get some variant of the virus at some point. And yes I’m vaccinated three times so far. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

I still think it’s inevitable most of us will get some variant of the virus at some point. And yes I’m vaccinated three times so far. 

That’s actually likely.  And it’s a huge reason vaccines are so crucial.  

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

4 minutes ago, Orygun said:

That’s actually likely.  

This probably will be the case..........it's going to be around for some years - Just be glad that the unvaccinated are the ones taking the biggest medical & death hits 

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

But it "worked" in India or so my brother keeps telling me over and over and over......  When I try to explain to him how anti-parasitics and anti-helminthic medicines work, not that I'm an expert but I remember studying worms in my invertebrate biology class, he just ignores me and pulls shit off of telegram as proof....

Work from home self isolation has not been good for him....

He hasn't gotten to the "oh no ivermectin isn't for the corona virus, it is a prophylactic to protect against the vaccine spike protein shedded from people vaccinated with mRNA vaccines that causes skin cancer" yet?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

38 minutes ago, happycamper said:

He hasn't gotten to the "oh no ivermectin isn't for the corona virus, it is a prophylactic to protect against the vaccine spike protein shedded from people vaccinated with mRNA vaccines that causes skin cancer" yet?

Is that a thing?

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Is that a thing?

oh yes. as is calling novavax the "trump vaccine" and the mrna vaccines the kill vaccines. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, xx_97 said:

Got a link to that group?      I know I can link to Fauci saying facemaskts don't work and then telling everyone to wear multiple facemasks some time later?   Let me guess.....you lapped it up, huh?

He told people not to wear masks in like March 2020, when masks weren’t being sold for 50 cents at Walmart.  We needed them for healthcare workers.  When the science provided more answers, guidance changes. 

That’s the same process we used to develop the internet, where you can conveniently pass on scientific misinformation with a few keystrokes for your dumb ass.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xx_97 said:

You should actually try reading the quote, low IQ'er:

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

His words were quite clear.   He said nothing about not hoarding masks or a shortage.   He said there was "no reason".      Jesus, you low IQ sheep.

Yeah, selective, out-of-context  quoting tends to be the technique of the liar:

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_e58c20c6-8735-4022-a1f5-1580bc732c45

This needs context
EVIDENCE

While Fauci, along with several other US health leaders, initially advised people not to wear masks, Fauci later said that he was concerned that there wouldn’t be enough protective equipment for health care workers. This was also early in the pandemic before public health experts fully knew how contagious the disease was and how it spread.

Fauci explained that at that time, “we were not aware that 40 to 45% of people were asymptomatic, nor were we aware that a substantial proportion of people who get infected get infected from people who are without symptoms. That makes it overwhelmingly important for everyone to wear a mask.”  

“So when people say, ‘Well, why did you change your stance? And why are you emphasizing masks so much now when back then you didn't -- and in fact you even said you shouldn't because there was a shortage of masks?’ Well the data now are very, very clear,” he said.    

“We need to put that nonsense behind us about ‘well, they keep changing their minds,’ ” Fauci said.    

As to Fauci’s other comments, while he occasionally sought to reassure Americans in the very early days of the virus, he consistently advised to follow CDC guidelines and that things could change. 

14 minutes ago, xx_97 said:

Says the ones who want to start counting data on July 1st and end it on November 1st?

The data I presented was the ENTIRE COUNTRY and it was RIGHT NOW.    If your rhetoric was true then the numbers I presented would be impossible.     Evil and hate rage in you, huh?

what in the hell are you talking about lmao the data you presented was for Europe what do you think Europe is

• Like 2

Just now, xx_97 said:

CNN?   Bwahahahahahahahaha.   You are in the slime pit, boy.

The quote speaks for itself.   Trying to alter or justify what was said long after the fact doesn't change the statement.    He said there was "no reason" to be wearing a mask.   Is the truthful or not?

It was with what we knew at the time.  

Do you know what the +++++ “novel virus” means, you clueless ++++?