bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

18 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I get her frustrations. My only pushback would be it is exactly because of the uncertainty regarding the new variant that other governments are being proactively cautious. Let the data flush out the risks associated with the variant, and then what seem as overly-punitive restrictions can be rolled back.

I agree plus she also wrote that before we are seeing omicron breakthrough for people who have already had covid.  The conditions on the ground have already changed since that article

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I get her frustrations. My only pushback would be it is exactly because of the uncertainty regarding the new variant that other governments are being proactively cautious. Let the data flush out the risks associated with the variant, and then what seem as overly-punitive restrictions can be rolled back.

But that’s not science. She literally said that there have been no hospitalizations and the symptoms are extremely mild. What she is saying is literally the exact antithesis of what you hear from the propaganda “media” that is controlled by the elites with the sole intention of creating fear amongst the masses. This has nothing to do with health and safety, it never has and never will. You comply because you hope it will go away but because you comply it will never go away. For God sake‘s, Australia now has interment camps for people that have chosen not to get the clot shot and it was breaking news all over the country when three completely healthy teens “escaped“ from the internment camp. This is Nazi Germany all over again!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 2

Restrictions on South Africa were not a good policy. Pragmatically, they were too late. Policy-wise, South Africa did the work they should have — identified the new new variant, gathered data/info, and alerted the world scientific community. That’s what we want and need countries to do.

Stuff is breaking all the time, it’s early, but my fear for the USA, and a wing of our extended family, is that convalescent immunity isn’t working well against Omicron infection.  Hopefully, O is not as lethal or damaging, and convalescent immunity still protects against severe disease.   Vaccination rates have ticked up and that could help in regards to spread as well as severity. Still, we have a lot of fat, sedentary, and olders here, and many others unvaxxed.  Fewer televangelists and wingnut radio dudes, however. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:24 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I’m up 20% on my $4 investment since you originally mentioned them earlier this week! Only loose cash I had in the app, lol.

The South Africa co-project appears to indicate IBRX will need dilution to fund.  I’m now in wait and watch mode. I’m hoping if they do an offering, it’s soon, and I’ll consider adding on the share price cut that occurs. 

7 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Are you full on Qanon ? We don’t judge here it’s ok . I’ve just never really engaged with one. I’ve always wanted to 

1. Tell me what you mean exactly by "full on Qanon"?

2. Who is "we"? I'm always leery of people that can't speak for themselves and need reinforcements, imaginary or otherwise. I joined here before you did and I'm not a part of "we", so you must be referring to only those that think as you do. 

• Like 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

1 minute ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

1. Tell me what you mean exactly by "full on Qanon"?

2. Who is "we"? I'm always leery of people that can't speak for themselves and need reinforcements, imaginary or otherwise. I joined here before you did and I'm not a part of "we", so you must be referring to only those that think as you do. 

Yeah, you are Qanon, 😂 

• Like 5

Oh great...gave a thumbs up to his own post.

Which makes him one of....'them'.

• Haha 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

In the spirit of the Holidays, I welcome @thespywhozaggedme on the board. I am looking forward the dialogue that follows. I can only hope that the last vestiges of totalitarianism have been exorcized from this place in the Great @mugtang Purge and he is given equal rights under the law. 

Praise be to God.

Amen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.