bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Makes me wonder if the French are blaming Macron. 

Read the piece.

Doesn't answer your question but it's more about how a narcissist pathological liar is not well equipped to be the president during times of difficulty. Trump is not blamed for the virus, but his lack of leadership is damaging.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Read the piece.

Doesn't answer your question but it's more about how a narcissist pathological liar is not well equipped to be the president during times of difficulty. Trump is not blamed for the virus, but his lack of leadership is damaging.

I did read it. I don’t disagree with Trump’s lack of leadership, he’s unquestionably a moron. But I’m genuinely curious if other countries are going after their political leaders for the breakdowns in their systems. 

• Like 4

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

22 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I did read it. I don’t disagree with Trump’s lack of leadership, he’s unquestionably a moron. But I’m genuinely curious if other countries are going after their political leaders for the breakdowns in their systems. 

Depends.  I know the leaders in China were criticized and the leaders in Wuhan are no longer in their jobs.   

In Trumps case, he did things right in closing the border but has completely failed around preparing when he had time.  It happens, but Trump is clearly highly (above most) motivated by criticism.   If he knows Dems and Repubs all hold him responsible for delays in getting testing, he will move heaven and earth to get the problem fixed.   That’s my hope at least.

• Like 2

I’m hoping we are able to flatten the curve. If we aren’t able to we’re going to have hard decisions to make.  For example do you provide critical care to an 85 year old person or a 45 year old person?  I hope we don’t get there but that may be a decision we are forced to make soon if we can’t flatten the curve. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m hoping we are able to flatten the curve. If we aren’t able to we’re going to have hard decisions to make.  For example do you provide critical care to an 85 year old person or a 45 year old person?  I hope we don’t get there but that may be a decision we are forced to make soon if we can’t flatten the curve. 

That’s happening in Italy today.  

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, mugtang said:

This thread is by Andy Slavitt. 

He was the head of Medicare, Medicaid and the ACA under Obama.

The current administration has reached out for his assistance.  So what most would call an expert with in depth knowledge.

https://threader.app/thread/1238817274590629888

One of the Final Five..........

My kids school had an emergency meeting today and elected to go against the school district (they're an independent charter, but they follow the district for most closures) and implement their own plan. So they're on asynchronous learning next week, spring break the week after, and then synchronous learning via Zoom meetings, webcams, and online software the two weeks after that. 

About two hours later, the governor issued an executive order shutting down all schools in the state for two weeks. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mysfit said:

This thread is by Andy Slavitt. 

He was the head of Medicare, Medicaid and the ACA under Obama.

The current administration has reached out for his assistance.  So what most would call an expert with in depth knowledge.

https://threader.app/thread/1238817274590629888

I read that earlier.  I’m glad the administration is starting to take an all hands on deck approach to this. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yes.

In France the right is blaming Macron for being unprepared.

Far-right European politician Nicolas Bay has slammed the French government’s handling of coronavirus, accusing it of being wildly “unprepared” for the worsening health crisis. M Bay, a senior member of the populist Rassemblement national (RN) party, told Europe 1 radio on Friday: “We have seen, since the beginning of this crisis, a lack of seriousness.

“The government is not prepared [for the possibility the virus may spread more widely].

“The government’s approach lacked foresight … and authorities are now scrambling to make up the leeway.

“The protective measures that have been taken are not bad, but they were all implemented too late.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1252946/Macron-news-France-coronavirus-latest-europe-symptoms-death

• Like 1

It's kind of amazing that despite the Prez dropping the ball, businesses and state and local governments spontaneously started to fill in that void. It doesn't completely recover from the delay but it's still impressive.

One of the Final Five..........

What a +++++ing piece of shit.

On Wednesday night, a passenger on JetBlue Flight 253 from New York City to Palm Beach, Fla., learned midair that he had tested positive for the novel coronavirus. JetBlue has since banned the passenger from the airline for his failure to report his condition before boarding.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2020/03/13/jetblue-passenger-with-coronavirus-didnt-admit-he-had-pending-test-airline-banned-him-life/

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mysfit said:

It's kind of amazing that despite the Prez dropping the ball, businesses and state and local governments spontaneously started to fill in that void. It doesn't completely recover from the delay but it's still impressive.

This is America, that’s what we’re supposed to do. We didn’t want a king, we got this.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.