bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

I live in a state that is shutting everything down. Schools are closing, events are canceled, even the courts are delaying dates until around April 10.

The thing that is most disturbing is that the very demographic that we're trying to protect (those over 60) isn't taking it seriously. They believe it's all media hype and overblown.

I'm like, we're sacrificing business and everything for you. Take it freaking seriously.

My son's school in Las Vegas (private) just announced they will be closing effective this Monday for at least two weeks. The Federal entity I work with just had a meeting to make preparations for extended work from home beginning as early as next week. 

The Air Force Academy is sending all freshmen, sophmores and juniors home as of Monday. Seniors will stay on to finish school and graduate.

Buckle up ladies and germs. 

• Like 1

The Marine Corps cancelled the MCAS Yuma Air Show yesterday. Air Show was supposed to go today and tomorrow. I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop and they star cancelling exercises like WTI and ITX. I have a feeling that will happen next week.

1 hour ago, mysfit said:

Testing isn't done in hospitals. That's not the issue.

Managing a scarce resource, test kits, is. We need the biggest bang for the buck so to speak. They need to relax the testing criteria in a science based manner. Let the experts figure it out, not the feds.

That's what they did. They got rid of the regulations and got private industry involved. 

33 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I live in a state that is shutting everything down. Schools are closing, events are canceled, even the courts are delaying dates until around April 10.

The thing that is most disturbing is that the very demographic that we're trying to protect (those over 60) isn't taking it seriously. They believe it's all media hype and overblown.

I'm like, we're sacrificing business and everything for you. Take it freaking seriously.

I take it seriously

60 with asthma

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........