bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

No it is consequences of a choice. No segregation there. We have a vaccine administered to 70% of our population and the entirety of the medical community. If you choose to not get on that bus, you accept the social consequences for that decision. You are segregating yourself if you choose to see it that way.

Again, it is a question of social responsibility.

70% is perfect. Eventually herd immunity should kick in.  We just have crossed eyes.  Forcing without crossing the line. Segregation without  saying that word.

Just now, UofNPackFan said:

70% is perfect. Eventually herd immunity should kick in.  We just have crossed eyes.  Forcing without crossing the line. Segregation without  saying that word.

If you choose to Segregate yourself, given a perfectly safe alternative, how is that Segregation? 

4 hours ago, UofNPackFan said:

I get ya. I think there is a bunch of misunderstanding between peers, like I never said I am against vaccines like some have said in here. I was always pro choice. I personally won't take the vaccines unless all avenues are gone and it basically became law.  Most just throw out anti-vaxer or something or won't take the time to listen to the other side because no matter what the other side is always wrong.  They just attack attack attack.

Okay, we're listening, what's the "other side"?

Why won't you take the vaccine?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

11 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Okay, we're listening, what's the "other side"?

Why won't you take the vaccine?

I don't put things in my body that I don't want.  The reasons don't matter, if I don't want it in my body.  I have taken the flu vaccine before. And won't do it again unless it became law somehow.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

I don't put things in my body that I don't want.  The reasons don't matter, if I don't want it in my body.  I have taken the flu vaccine before. And won't do it again unless it became law somehow.  

It won't ever become law. It can't. But all of society will shut you out. That is not segregation. That is your choice to go against conventional science and the world-wide opinion of medical science. Again, good luck to you because if you take the position contrary to 96% of MD's, then there is nothing I could possibly say to sway you.

So again, I only wish you good luck in your choices. They couldn't be more wrong, but they are, and shall remain, yours.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

JFC

This is really a very simple issue.

It's about caring enough about your family, your neighbors, your co workers and your community enough to do a take a simple,, free, safe action.

It's nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

One of the Final Five..........

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Sticks aren’t going to work either. In the case of medical people they just quit and already understaffed hospitals get worse. 

Already requied vaccine in hospitals here. Very few quit. Hell houston medical center required them and only a tiny percentage quit in texas. I dont think that is a real concern.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mysfit said:

JFC

This is really a very simple issue.

It's about caring enough about your family, your neighbors, your co workers and your community enough to do a take a simple,, free, safe action.

It's nothing more and nothing less.

It’s a lot more complicated than you make it or everyone would be getting the vaccinations. The reasons are varied, but most fear future side effects and other issues. My neighbors kid got the shots and immediately got blood clots in his leg.