bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Can you imagine being so triggered by vaccines that you think shooting some poor volunteer going to door to door because he or she thinks people should get vaccinated during a pandemic is somehow a noble thing? Man, what a world we live in. 

• Like 1

Very small sample size, and probably also anecdotal, but the last couple days I've been vaccinating around 20 ppl a day (previous couple weeks was less than 5/day) with 90% being their first dose. So people still seem to be changing their mind for the better.

A discouraging observation though is I've been helping out at different locations lately, and every new spot has 1-2 techs (out of 4-5) who are against the vaccines. I'm really hoping they'll put a mandate soon for anyone working in the pharmacy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Very small sample size, and probably also anecdotal, but the last couple days I've been vaccinating around 20 ppl a day (previous couple weeks was less than 5/day) with 90% being their first dose. So people still seem to be changing their mind for the better.

A discouraging observation though is I've been helping out at different locations lately, and every new spot has 1-2 techs (out of 4-5) who are against the vaccines. I'm really hoping they'll put a mandate soon for anyone working in the pharmacy.

Really picking up here.  Went to the grocery store, early AM  to avoid crowds, and there was a line of about 5 people waiting for pharmacy to open to get shots.  They are  also testing in lot behind store had about 40 cars in line waiting for covid tests.  Reminded me of months ago.

• Like 1

Getting real close to me.  As I mentioned before, my wife refuses to get vaccinated.  We are in our 60's, but she has severe allergy and asthma risks.  Now both of her sisters have got the covid, and the one was just over at their 86 y/o mom's house two days ago.  She wasn't feeling good, blamed it on "allergies", but the mom told me she looked really bad.  Anyway, thankfully, the 86 y/o mother-in-law, a Trumper who grew up in Mississippi was smart enough to get vaccinated at earliest opportunity. Hope she doesn't get the covid.

• Sad 5
110926run_defense710.jpg

6 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Can you imagine being so triggered by vaccines that you think shooting some poor volunteer going to door to door because he or she thinks people should get vaccinated during a pandemic is somehow a noble thing? Man, what a world we live in. 

Not gonna lie, it is tempting....

905A6E7F-D387-4697-AB1C-BDB2B01CFF43.jpeg.6481df0e8c803991ba98f6ad69e49843.jpeg

v0icAvfW.jpg

28 minutes ago, RSF said:

Saw this and I thought 'Bob'...

FB_IMG_1628293546337.jpg

Man I can relate to that “I have a family member who is a nurse” joke, and no, not because my wife is a nurse. I worked as a pharmacy tech for many years right after college, and if I had a nickel for every time I heard “well my daughter (or whoever) is a nurse, and they say…..” Some of the most annoying patients we would get, behind only (some) nurses themselves and Suboxone patients. Hell, I’d rather deal with some opioid patient begging for their oxy early then listen to a nurse try to lecture a pharmacist about their prescription. But doctors? They would never argue about their personal prescriptions. Nurses know just enough to be (mistakenly) over confident that they know what they are talking about when it comes to meds, and doctors know enough to know even they aren’t as knowledgeable as pharmacists about meds and drug interactions. 

Obviously I’m not talking about all nurses, and I’m not even talking about most nurses. But if I had to guess, I bet there is a lot of crossover when it comes to nurses I described above and the antivaxx contingent of nurses.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RSF said:

Saw this and I thought 'Bob'...

FB_IMG_1628293546337.jpg

I'm actually shocked at the number of doctors and healthcare workers I personally know that are anti-covid vaccine.  One actually did begrudgingly get the vaccine several months back and has now contracted covid and it's laid him out for a week now.  Probably a good thing he had the shot honestly.  Not sure if his tune has changed on the topic though - will be interesting to talk to him about it.

v0icAvfW.jpg

14 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Man I can relate to that “I have a family member who is a nurse” joke, and no, not because my wife is a nurse. I worked as a pharmacy tech for many years right after college, and if I had a nickel for every time I heard “well my daughter (or whoever) is a nurse, and they say…..” Some of the most annoying patients we would get, behind only (some) nurses themselves and Suboxone patients. Hell, I’d rather deal with some opioid patient begging for their oxy early then listen to a nurse try to lecture a pharmacist about their prescription. But doctors? They would never argue about their personal prescriptions. Nurses know just enough to be (mistakenly) over confident that they know what they are talking about when it comes to meds, and doctors know enough to know even they aren’t as knowledgeable as pharmacists about meds and drug interactions. 

Obviously I’m not talking about all nurses, and I’m not even talking about most nurses. But if I had to guess, I bet there is a lot of crossover when it comes to nurses I described above and the antivaxx contingent of nurses.

Lol, I can totally relate.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

My veterinarian once said nurses were some of the most....challenging clients.

One of the Final Five..........

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-pandemic-b0811d7287ef240ae619ba1e385e0a63

The U.S. is now averaging 100,000 new COVID-19 infections a day, returning to a milestone last seen during the winter surge in yet another bleak reminder of how quickly the delta variant has spread through the country.

The U.S. was averaging about 11,000 cases a day in late June. Now the number is 107,143.

“The health care system right now is nearly at a breaking point ... For the next three weeks or so, I see no relief on what’s happening in emergency departments,” Persse said Thursday.

Last weekend, a patient in Houston had to be transferred to North Dakota to get medical care. An 11-month-old girl with COVID-19 and who was having seizures had to be transported on Thursday from Houston to a hospital 170 miles (274 kilometers) away in Temple.

In Missouri, 30 ambulances and more than 60 medical personnel will be stationed across the state to help transport COVID-19 patients to other regions if nearby hospitals are too full to admit them, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson announced Friday.