bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

20 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bihar-buxar-coronavirus-covid-panic-in-bihar-town-as-over-40-bodies-wash-up-on-banks-of-ganga-2438888

Title says it all.  Bodies being dumped into the Ganges.  India is averaging almost 400k official new cases per day.  4000 deaths per day and rising.

Dozens more washed up today.

It is estimated only 25% of deaths in India are medically certified in normal times. Here's a good article on BBC about how one newspaper in Gujarat (the home state of India's PM) worked to quantify the delta between official death counts and the actual numbers. From the above-linked article:

"So the newspaper decided to do some old-fashioned shoe-leather journalism. On the evening of 11 April, two reporters and a photographer staked out the mortuary of the 1,200-bed state-run Covid-19 hospital in Ahmedabad. Over 17 hours, they counted 69 body bags coming out of a single exit before they were loaded into waiting ambulances. Next day, Gujarat officially counted 55 deaths, including 20 from Ahmedabad."

So, while the official death count in Gujarat's capital city was 20 over a 24-hour period, these reporters counted 69 just from one hospital over just 17 hours.

• Sad 1

From the same article above:

"But reportage by other newspapers has stood up the alleged under-counting. The English language Hindu newspaper, for example, reported it had information that 689 bodies were cremated or buried in the seven cities following Covid-19 protocols on 16 April, when the official death toll for the entire state was 94. Some experts reckoned that last month alone Gujarat might have under-counted Covid-19 deaths by a staggering factor of 10."

3 hours ago, Bob said:

So many superspreader events and no uptick in cases? What gives. No one wearing their masks. I was told these neanderthals would be dead by now

https://twitter.com/DaFeid/status/1392084826132414470?s=20

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Watch out Bob the leftist echo chamber is going to get you banned from this board. 

Or ffs...

There have been approx. 1.7 million people fully vaccinated in Harris County (think Houston), and another 400K have already had COVID. So together, approx. 45% of the population is removed from the susceptible population. Maybe that has just a little to do with it?

F*cking anti-science morons... :rolleyes:

And BTW, of those 400K who have had COVID, over 6K - approx. 1.5% - have died from it.

Lastly, for comparison's sake, how are the flu (influenza) numbers in Harris county what with all the "useless" mask ordinances in place?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-11-at-1-22-55-PM.png

An average of two whole hospital visits per week dating back to last August. So how does that compare with the year before?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-11-at-1-27-41-PM.png

Turns out with mask ordinances in place, flu numbers fell off a cliff this year... imagine that. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Or ffs...

There have been approx. 1.7 million people fully vaccinated in Harris County (think Houston), and another 400K have already had COVID. So together, approx. 45% of the population is removed from the susceptible population. Maybe that has just a little to do with it?

F*cking anti-science morons... :rolleyes:

And BTW, of those 400K who have had COVID, over 6K - approx. 1.5% - have died from it.

Lastly, for comparison's sake, how are the flu (influenza) numbers in Harris county what with all the "useless" mask ordinances in place?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-11-at-1-22-55-PM.png

An average of two whole hospital visits per week dating back to last August. So how does that compare with the year before?

Screen-Shot-2021-05-11-at-1-27-41-PM.png

Turns out with mask ordinances in place, flu numbers fell off a cliff this year... imagine that. :rolleyes:

you have to be retarded to think that masks cured flu. Scandanavian countries that DIDN'T wear masks also saw a similar reduction in flu. So I guess the power of masks is so great that they cured flu even in countries where they didn't wear masks.

educate yourself:https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/your-mask-protects-me

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

you have to be retarded to think that masks cured flu. Scandanavian countries that DIDN'T wear masks also saw a similar reduction in flu. So I guess the power of masks is so great that they cured flu even in countries where they didn't wear masks.

oh sweet el gato malo's substack where he brings up mask use in regards to wound infection from a 2016 article not at all about the coronavirus that proceeds to try to debunk, uh, how snow fences work

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah, flu was cured because it spreads when you show symptoms.  And everyone was extremely cautious when they had any flu-like symptoms this year.

In my opinion, masks work to lessen spread in situations where two people are in close proximity and talking to each other.  But in the way our society uses them (pull them down when speaking, touch them and reuse all the time, etc.) they are basically a wash. 

54 minutes ago, Bob said:

Didn't wear masks, or didn't have mask mandates?

Because there were multiple studies that all demonstrated that personal behavior - like not going to bars, or choosing to wear a mask because they're not nuthugging dipshits - resulted in both the good (stopping transmission of the disease) and bad (econimic slowdowns).

You are f*cktastically retarded. And everybody on the board save for a few fellow nuthugging dipshits already knows this.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah, flu was cured because it spreads when you show symptoms.  And everyone was extremely cautious when they had any flu-like symptoms this year.

In my opinion, masks work to lessen spread in situations where two people are in close proximity and talking to each other.  But in the way our society uses them (pull them down when speaking, touch them and reuse all the time, etc.) they are basically a wash. 

so it wasn't masks. OK

Masks don't work Part One Million.

This time from an industrial hygienist with 9 patents in HVAC.

Turns out COVID is spread almost exclusively by aerosols. And, we (I), already know that  no mask can filter aeorols the size of covid 19. Masks are useless and if you wear one you are an oppressed sheep.

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Watch out Bob the leftist echo chamber is going to get you banned from this board. 

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. From the guy that whines the most about Bob’s posts. 

Lol. I argue with Bob’a nonsense. You whine that it is unfair. Nobody is banning anybody ya little snowflake.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Lol. I argue with Bob’a nonsense. You whine that it is unfair. Nobody is banning anybody ya little snowflake.

You have to be pretty outrageous to get banned here and the last person who was, was a far lefty (Orange).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bob said:

Turns out COVID is spread almost exclusively by aerosols. And, we (I), already know that  no mask can filter aeorols the size of covid 19. Masks are useless and if you wear one you are an oppressed sheep

N95s work by drawing the particles into the fabric with electrostatic charges, you dingus.

48 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You have to be pretty outrageous to get banned here and the last person who was, was a far lefty (Orange).

Definitely. It’s a feature of the board. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Turns out COVID is spread almost exclusively by aerosols. And, we (I), already know that  no mask can filter aeorols the size of covid 19. Masks are useless and if you wear one you are an oppressed sheep.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d4/snowfence/documents/Structural Snow Fence Small.jpg

snowfence.jpg

17 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

N95s work by drawing the particles into the fabric with electrostatic charges, you dingus.

works super well when your n95 mask gets damp from your breath, tard-o