bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, UofNPackFan said:

Thanks for that, I really didn't see a damn thing on that.  I get the trolling and reaching part now. Makes sense.

And now that you understand the power of fraudulent misinformation disguised as science, I would again encourage you to have an open and honest dialogue with your doctor about the COVID-19 vaccines and any information you have read that you are concerned about.

If your position remains unmoved, so be it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I dunno, storys like this make me sad.

vaccine's available for FREE - he could have gotten it the dumb ass chose not to......my pity level sits at zero for those who suffer self-inflicted problems :cheers:

49 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

How many deaths do you think his rhetoric is responsible for? Just deserts I say. Hope it hurts. 

Good point....the dumb shit was probably down playing covid & telling his listeners to avoid it.........screw him, let's see if he lives, but if not, he alone is responsible for his own premature death & he could have played a part in others demise 

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I dunno, storys like this make me sad.

2 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

How many deaths do you think his rhetoric is responsible for? Just deserts I say. Hope it hurts. 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

vaccine's available for FREE - he could have gotten it the dumb ass chose not to......my pity level sits at zero for those who suffer self-inflicted problems :cheers:

I'm gonna get ranty here...

I completely agree with @SalinasSpartan that it makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I am totally devoid of sympathy or empathy for that jackwagon. But I am still sad.

My sadness comes from otherwise good people, maybe even him?, who have been duped by the anti-science propaganda crowd. It makes me sad because they hold so much power over people that they are literally killing otherwise good people, or at least giving them life-long unnecessary medical complications. It makes me sad because so many of we Americans today piss on the enlightenment philosophies (a manically reverential deference to science to the point of extrapolating it to social and political interaction) that formed the foundation of our country while supposedly revering the Constitution and calling ourselves "patriots" in the process. It makes me sad because political propaganda is killing people for no good reason. It makes me sad because many people can't see it. Think of how much more productive we could all be if we could embrace science and common purpose again? It makes me sad that people don't want to. And it killing or medically maiming them gives me no solace.

I will not cheer on the deaths or hardships of these people caused by their own incompetence. I will cheer on them embracing reality and science and getting the jab themselves so we can pull ourselves out of this shitshow. It takes a collective effort to get through this, and the ones currently calling themselves "patriots" are the ones letting us down. Hard not to be sad about that. Hard not to be sad for the trajectory of America because of it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I agree with @SalinasSpartan that it makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I am totally devoid of sympathy or empathy for that jackwagon. My sadness comes from otherwise good people, maybe even him?, who have been duped by the anti-science crowd. It makes me sad because they hold so much power over people that they are literally killing them. It makes me sad because so many of we Americans today piss on the enlightenment philosophies that formed the foundation of our country while supposedly revering the Constitution and calling ourselves "patriots" in the process. It makes me sad because political propaganda is killing people for no good reason. It makes me sad because many people can't see it. Think of how much more productive we could all be if we could embrace science and common purpose again? It makes me sad that people don't want to. And it killing them gives me no solace.

I will not cheer on the deaths or hardships of these people caused by their own incompetence. I will cheer on them embracing reality and science and getting the jab themselves so we can pull ourselves out of this shitshow. It takes a collective effort to get through this, and the ones calling themselves "patriots" are the ones letting us down. Hard not to be sad about that.

Just to be clear, I’m not cheering on their deaths. It doesn’t make me happy. I’m still trying to talk people into getting the vaccine because I don’t want them to die. 

But look, at this point, they have access to all the same information you and I do. They choose to ignore it and construct their own reality instead. I can’t have any sympathy for them. The longer their infectious asses are walking around the longer people who can’t get vaccinated - like my two kids for example - are in danger and the more likely we are to see variant that is resistant to the vaccine, putting us back where we were in March of 2020. 

The misinformation is rampant. My wife’s friend decided not to get vaccinated because she’s pregnant, despite the fact that nothing anywhere says the shot is dangerous for pregnant women. This is antivax rhetoric of unknown origin seeping into an otherwise rational persons brain. Guess who’s now laid up in isolation away from her son and husband and barely able to get out of bed? Yup. 

We had to ban my mother-in-law from our house until either she changes her mind or the vaccine becomes available for young children. If she has to miss the holidays with her grandchildren (again), oh well. Better than having to comfort my toddler son when he realizes he’s the one who killed her. 

So a guy who is responsible for spreading bullshit that’s killing people and perpetuating a pandemic that should be over by now? Yeah, f*ck him. Like I said, I hope it hurts. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Just to be clear, I’m not cheering on their deaths. It doesn’t make me happy. I’m still trying to talk people into getting the vaccine because I don’t want them to die. 

But look, at this point, they have access to all the same information you and I do. They choose to ignore it and construct their own reality instead. I can’t have any sympathy for them. The longer their infectious asses are walking around the longer people who can’t get vaccinated - like my two kids for example - are in danger and the more likely we are to see variant that is resistant to the vaccine, putting us back where we were in March of 2020. 

The misinformation is rampant. My wife’s friend decided not to get vaccinated because she’s pregnant, despite the fact that nothing anywhere says the shot is dangerous for pregnant women. This is antivax rhetoric of unknown origin seeping into an otherwise rational persons brain. Guess who’s now laid up in isolation away from her son and husband and barely able to get out of bed? Yup. 

We had to ban my mother-in-law from our house until either she changes her mind or the vaccine becomes available for young children. If she has to miss the holidays with her grandchildren (again), oh well. Better than having to comfort my toddler son when he realizes he’s the one who killed her. 

So a guy who is responsible for spreading bullshit that’s killing people and perpetuating a pandemic that should be over by now? Yeah, f*ck him. Like I said, I hope it hurts. 

I get it and I am not trying to paint you as some bloodthirsty asshole wanting anti-vaxxers to die. I think much more highly of you than that.

I was just exploring how this can be a cause for sadness. Cause that is my immediate response too, so I felt a need to clarify it. Not trying to say how I feel is more morally correct than you. Hope you didn't take it that way. More than anything, just exploring why my immediate response is sadness over these kind of reports.

I get your anger over it. If I had young children or loved ones at risk, I could immediately go there too, so I am not judging your response, but more explaining my own.

It certainly is an emotional situation. With a wide variety of emotional responses.

ETA: and all of what you said about your mother-in-law and pregnant friend also makes me sad. So unnecessary. I can totally understand being angry about it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I get it and I am not trying to paint you as some bloodthirsty asshole wanting anti-vaxxers to die. I think much more highly of you than that.

I was just exploring how this can be a cause for sadness. Cause that is my immediate response too, so I felt a need to clarify it. Not trying to say how I feel is more morally correct than you. Hope you didn't take it that way. More than anything, just exploring why my immediate response is sadness over these kind of reports.

I get your anger over it. If I had young children or loved ones at risk, I could immediately go there too, so I am not judging your response, but more explaining my own.

It certainly is an emotional situation. With a wide variety of emotional responses.

ETA: and all of what you said about your mother-in-law and pregnant friend also makes me sad. So unnecessary. I can totally understand being angry about it.

Sad part is this surge did not even have to happen. Totally needless suffering and money spent.  What a waste

So tired of hearing:

This is seasonal and there won't be a summer surge.

Just a bad flu

Vaccine is not fully FDA approved

Cases are falling since everyone already had covid

• Like 3

8 hours ago, UofNPackFan said:

Because there are some higher officials that are saying this. Some officials are saying government may have a hard time taking control of this(forcing) and well have to be forced through companies(workforce).  It may not happen but I bet some a trying real hard. Just discussing what I have read.  I understand that the government would have a hard time pushing through forced vaccinations but when governors and high ranking officals mention things like this, I don't think it should be taken lightly. 

Which government officials are advocating forced vaccinations?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 7/25/2021 at 10:12 AM, UofNPackFan said:

Correct me if I am wrong..  The current vaccines should not be effective against the new delta variant right?  So is there a point to forcing everyone to take a shot? It's like taking a shot for swine flu when bird flu is the main strain. 

Look, I don't want the virus. I would rather not get sick period, I do my best to take my own precautions for any sickness.  I do not want to put something in my body that I am not comfortable with.  If they say not taking the shot is like drinking and driving, then forcing me to take the shot is akin to raping me.  Can you tell me with facts there are no long term side effects from vaccine with only months of info?  Am I trading in the satisfaction of false safety of NOW vs downward health effects for LATER?  Maybe nothing happens.  Who knows, but as of now that is my choice.  

You're wrong.

The vaccines are still effective but at a lower %. At worst, the vax is resulting in much less serious infections.

• Like 2

One of the Final Five..........

The unvaccinated are driving the pandemic. They are providing oxygen and fuel to the fire. They provide transmission to vaccinated individuals and while we have some pretty solid vaccines none is 100% effective and that effectiveness drops with mutations. Even mild cases can result in long haul covid19.

The longer that virus is allowed to circulate, the more it will mutate. Those mutations can be more virulent. More damaging and the vaccines even less effective.

Health care workers see people who are already in compromised states and they owe it to patients to be vaccinated and not risk their patients health. The employers and even the government have not only the right but the responsibility to mandate vaccines for health care workers. It's not personal choice it's public health.

No individual has the RIGHT to put others at risk. It's not about individual choice but the collective health and well being of every single person. Being unvaccinated risks EVERYONE.

Unbelievable how many selfish pricks live in this country.

• Haha 1

One of the Final Five..........

34 minutes ago, mysfit said:

The unvaccinated are driving the pandemic. They are providing oxygen and fuel to the fire. They provide transmission to vaccinated individuals and while we have some pretty solid vaccines none is 100% effective and that effectiveness drops with mutations. Even mild cases can result in long haul covid19.

The longer that virus is allowed to circulate, the more it will mutate. Those mutations can be more virulent. More damaging and the vaccines even less effective.

Health care workers see people who are already in compromised states and they owe it to patients to be vaccinated and not risk their patients health. The employers and even the government have not only the right but the responsibility to mandate vaccines for health care workers. It's not personal choice it's public health.

No individual has the RIGHT to put others at risk. It's not about individual choice but the collective health and well being of every single person. Being unvaccinated risks EVERYONE.

Unbelievable how many selfish pricks live in this country.

I really think the government could start assessing some hefty fines to the ant vax idiots. If you have not been vaccinated and you get covid you get a $1,000 fine. If you require hospitaliztion, add another $5,000. It wouldnt be hard to track who owes a fine on their tax return, Just issue a 1099 with one copy going to the IRS. 

I also think we need to see widespread implementation of a covid passport system. If we could get ticketmaster to refuse to sell tickets for sporting events, or concerts to the unvaccinated. Have the airlines refuse sales to the unvaccinated, We need to make life expensive and inconvenient for those who won;t get vaccinated. 

• Like 1