bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

13 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Twitter thread with some good news. The US is getting better across the board at administering the vaccine. Europe, sans the Brexiteers, sucks.

I hope you're preparing for the flood of thinkpieces about how the uniquely American features that make us bad at controlling the pandemic also make us better at vaccine distribution. it is not going to be obnoxious at all

• Like 1
On 2/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Really dumb take. Governors, Dem and GOP, want everybody back to work so the economy will rebound quickly. 

But only after Donald Trump lost the election and was banned from the internet.

• Idiot 2
4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

500k of our fellow countrymen dead and so many "patriots" resist doing the bare minimum to save any of those lives. What a world.

Where is your compassion for the other 2.7 million that has died in that time frame?

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Where is your compassion for the other 2.7 million that has died in that time frame?

Same compassion for that group too. And if there is something I can do to not impact others, like not smoking in a restaurant, driving safely and not at excessive speeds, or buckling my kids in every time we go somewhere...i will do those minor things too.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, happycamper said:

I hope you're preparing for the flood of thinkpieces about how the uniquely American features that make us bad at controlling the pandemic also make us better at vaccine distribution. it is not going to be obnoxious at all

Oh, you think I don’t have my own “our culture of liberty and decentralization make us inept at responding to a major crisis right away, but also helps feed innovation and momentum into an avalanche once we start getting our ducks in a row” hot take in the chamber.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Bob said:

What did they die of?  Has there been efforts to reduce loss of life by the American public?  Did the wanton disregard for doing so have potential impacts on others?  What exactly are you trying to defend here?

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

C’mon give it a rest. How many times are you going to say white Republicans suck and Democrats are saints. I’m sure you must scan CNN and DNC twitters and the liberal media every day to take the moral high ground and make yourself feel better. Same ol, same ol. You really don’t have to keep doing it. You are quite transparent in everything you post. 

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

C’mon give it a rest. How many times are you going to say white Republicans suck and Democrats are saints. I’m sure you must scan CNN and DNC twitters and the liberal media every day to take the moral high ground and make yourself feel better. Same ol, same ol. You really don’t have to keep doing it. You are quite transparent in everything you post. 

soup it does not take a brain surgeon to see that the republican party is in a bad place in 2021

• Cheers 1

Started feeling bad last week and quarantined up on the mountain. Lost sense of smell and taste on Friday.

Came down and got tested yesterday. Obviously it came back positive tonight.

Feels like I have a cold basically. So far I am lucky I guess. Need to quarantine until March 3.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, Bob said:

Speaking of hot takes. This one is a doozy. Not a big believer in preventative medicine either, I guess.

12 hours ago, toonkee said:

500k of our fellow countrymen dead and so many "patriots" resist doing the bare minimum to save any of those lives. What a world.

It kind of puts a damper on the belief in your fellow man to do the right thing in times of crisis. Unfortunately it’s the hard cold reality that a large number of humans are assholes. 

There are also a helluva lot more good people that put themselves directly in harms way to deliver and sell us groceries, to treat the ill, respond to emergency calls, etc. 

What a world

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1