bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

New study shows COVID-19 could hide in your brain and reactivate down the road

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/new-study-shows-coronavirus-could-hide-your-brain-reactivate-down-road/KGK5DCZUYBHS3LKGEXR2QY5BEE/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot

A new study shows coronavirus may actually hide in the brain, where it could reactivate down the road.

While there is still much to learn about COVID-19, researchers at Georgia State University have studied why symptoms widely vary with those infected with the virus. Lead researcher Dr. Mukesh Kumar, an associate professor in the Department of Biology, said they’ve learned through studying mice for months, COVID-19 may clear the lungs, but not necessarily the body.

“(The) brain is one of the organs where viruses like to hide. We know that because there is no immune response. So viruses like to go to a place and hide where they can be safe,” said Kumar.

• Angry 1

Honestly, this thread might be the single best place on the internet to serve as an archive for the American COVID experience. I'm not kidding. So much feedback, stories, experiences, data sources, etc in one place. 

@mugtang should call the library of congress or the University of Nevada library special collections or something. 

• Like 5

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I bet we have a vaccine before the death toll hits 50 in the USA.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:07 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

New drugs will come out faster, keeping casualties low.

If we had an old takes exposed account. 

• Sad 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Why just me though?

Austin Powers Reaction GIF by i-love-you

• Haha 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 3/17/2020 at 10:13 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

This government has been hell bent on shooting itself in the foot.  Recessed economy?  Give out money to corporations with no stipulation.  Booming economy?  Cut taxes.  A jarringly halted economy?  Give out money to everyone.  

source.gif

My first post in this thread, for reference .  Man, we have come a ways

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Go back to one of my first posts, and it was on needing to balance the first lockdowns with economic impacts.  I get to dodge this. :banana:

Me too. My first post was on the stock market!

21 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Honestly, this thread might be the single best place on the internet to serve as an archive for the American COVID experience. I'm not kidding. So much feedback, stories, experiences, data sources, etc in one place. 

@mugtang should call the library of congress or the University of Nevada library special collections or something. 

I want .01 cents per click on this thread. I started it. Pay up @mugtang

6 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Me too. My first post was on the stock market!

49 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

A cut from a longer interview earlier today.   

There was also discussion towards combating new variants like the South African one.  I think we have time, but it’s going to be something to watch and of concern. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I want .01 cents per click on this thread. I started it. Pay up @mugtang

Check is in the mail. 

For the record I didn’t even make $.01 for every view of this thread. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Check is in the mail. 

For the record I didn’t even make $.01 for every view of this thread. 

Can we just make some robots to sit at a computer and refresh 24/7 to drive up your views to the website. We can make you some $$$$$

On 3/29/2020 at 9:21 AM, FresnoFacts said:

Fauci may be out of a job this week for not staying on message.

He also said this morning:

Remember when this was the bad news? Ah memories.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

16 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Can we just make some robots to sit at a computer and refresh 24/7 to drive up your views to the website. We can make you some $$$$$

Unfortunately not.  The advertising companies are smarter than that.