bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

15 hours ago, retrofade said:

It's obviously due to TDS.

How many will die from BDS or TLS. (Trump Loser Syndrome)

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I saw an interview with a Covid nurse who works with patients who are dying. Most are in complete shock and denial about their situation because they believed CV was no big deal.

Americans Mayor

On 11/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Excess deaths are excess deaths. Over 300k  people more have died this year than would be expected based on normal death rate trends. If it ain’t covid, what is it?

I dont know.  Would more people have died this year than last year regardless because of demographics?

Did you read the article?

Im not trying to pick a fight with you, and I dont claim to know.  It doesnt seem like anyone is disputing the facts in that John Hopkins article I linked though.  

I honestly dont know what to think anymore.

22 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I dont know.  Would more people have died this year than last year regardless because of demographics?

Did you read the article?

Im not trying to pick a fight with you, and I dont claim to know.  It doesnt seem like anyone is disputing the facts in that John Hopkins article I linked though.  

I honestly dont know what to think anymore.

I agree it’s confusing. Your article would seem to suggest there is no excess deaths, that all those dying of covid would be dying anyway and just reported with another cause. That seems hard to believe and definitely conflicts with CDC data.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

71F827E3-F5B1-479E-B12E-6A6AE86E7E7E.jpeg

• Like 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, Bob said:

You realize 130 million new people have “food insecurity”, aka poverty, starving, because of the worldwide reaction to covid according to unicef? All because people are afraid of a minuscule chance of dying. I can understand why a Democrat like you wouldn’t care about those people, after all they are mostly black and brown

Wrong, dickless Bob.  Never a Democrat. 
Wrong on the rest of analysis, too. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Suicide. Missed cancer treatment. Missed surgeries. Fear of obtaining timely medical treatment. Murder. Overdose. Malnutrition. Tons of factors other than covid itself 

F em. They were all going to die anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toonkee said:

F em. They were all going to die anyway.

Its not F'em.  300,000 deaths is a big number. But, age and mortality regardless of COVID should be part of the calculus when you are talking about government actions that impact the livelihoods of the 350,000,000 million people in the U.S. that will continue living.  It is not all or nothing.

12 hours ago, Bob said:

There’s “gullible” written on the ceiling! Quick! Look

Serious question @Bob

If we followed your advice and conducted our lives, economy, school attendance, entertainment attendance,  etc. as if this was just another flu bug. In your estimation what would the outcome be ?

A healthy economy ? Doubtful, as most workers would have contracted Covid, the death rates and long haul syndrome cases would be exponentially worse. There would be no workforce.

Well Educated kids ? Doubtful as most teachers would not be able to teach and every school aged child in America would have got severly sick. Our University students and staff would be devestated.

Entertainment ? Keep the theaters open ? Full attendance at sporting events ? Go for it Bobster. This is what Makes America Great.

Allow people to visit their elderly friends/relatives in care facilities ? Say Hasta la Vista to your elderly loved ones.

We wouldn't have a pandemic. We would have a full blown plague.

But hey, YOU get to shop without a mask and do what YOU want.  YOU would have that long term delusion of self righteousness believing YOU are smarter than the experts. Which, based on your input is all that matters.

Phuck everybody else.

I would have loved to see how that attitude would have worked on the West Coast in say, 1942.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Americans Mayor

59 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Its not F'em.  300,000 deaths is a big number. But, age and mortality regardless of COVID should be part of the calculus when you are talking about government actions that impact the livelihoods of the 350,000,000 million people in the U.S. that will continue living.  It is not all or nothing.

So what should the response have been? 

Recovery remains elusive for many Utah COVID-19 long-haulers

Though their numbers aren’t reflected in most public health statistical charts, an estimated 10% to 25% of COVID-19 survivors struggle with long-term symptoms — some months after a diagnosis

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/11/28/21594111/coronavirus-recovery-remains-elusive-for-many-utah-covid-19-long-haulers-symptoms

• Haha 1

Americans Mayor

5 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Serious question @Bob

If we followed your advice and conducted our lives, economy, school attendance, entertainment attendance,  etc. as if this was just another flu bug. In your estimation what would the outcome be ?

A healthy economy ? Doubtful, as most workers would have contracted Covid, the death rates and long haul syndrome cases would be exponentially worse. 

Well Educated kids ? Doubtful as most teachers would not be able to teach and every school aged child in America would have got sick. Our University students and staff would be devestated.

Entertainment ? Keep the theaters open ? Full attendance at sporting events ?

Allow people to visit their elderly friends/relatives in care facilities ? Say Hasta la Vista to your elderly loved ones.

We wouldn't have a pandemic. We would have a full blown plague.

But hey, you get to shop without a mask and do what you want. Which, based on your input is all that matters.

Phuck everybody else.

A bunch of businesses in my town closed or reduced workforce before government restrictions.  They weren't making money already.  Teachers were already mobilizing unions throughout WA for possible concerns, healthcare was already being reduced based on what you were going in for, and a few buddies who own a Crossfit gym were already talking to lawyers about possible options of staying open or risking lawsuits if folks got sick in Feb.  The market itself was already slowing.  Government expanded it, but it was already happening.  

Now weak folks are going to make the restrictions undoubtedly longer because they are inconvenienced.  More businesses will never reopen, more sick and dead from the virus, more bogged down healthcare and procedures not being performed , more substance abuse, more closed schools, more suicides, more poverty, more reliance on government funds... you know, the exact thing the weak are supposedly fighting against.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So what should the response have been? 

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 1

Americans Mayor

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Wrong (Trump voice). This is squarely on people like you that crave lockdowns.

No.

We don't.

We just know it's necessary and short term.

• Like 2

Americans Mayor

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Yes.

I was just being stupid for Bob.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob said:

lol at your entire post. I don't have time to mock all the idiotic sentiments. Same resultant number of deaths. You can't hide from it  and still even have a semi-function society.

We would have a plague and a non functioning society if we did it your way.

But half of America is doing it your way.

So, WTF.

Let's have at it and separate the wheat from the chaff. We have to many malingerers in this country anyway.

Americans Mayor

42 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

We would have a plague and a non functioning society if we did it your way.

But half of America is doing it your way.

So, WTF.

Let's have at it and separate the wheat from the chaff. We have to many malingerers in this country anyway.

Pandemic gonna pandemic. Mother Nature is kicking ass and man/science are being TKOd

• Like 1