bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Going into work from home quarantine due to coronavirus exposure are Bret Baier, Martha MacCallum, Dana Perino and Juan Williams. The exposure happened on a charter flight back to New York after last week's debate.

14 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I agree with all of this. But it's unclear to me why you're saying it. What is the argument here? Honest question. That people are too hard to Trump? That we should stop having any policy interventions re: covid?

This is what grabbed my attention. It’s clear that short-term lockdowns, such as what @thelawlorfaithful and me advocated for at the beginning, were never going to be the answer. They’re just not feasible in this country, as you said from the start. But if we’re not going down that road again, then the only answer left is personal responsibility, right? 

I watched the 60 Minutes interviews last night. 2 Republicans, 2 Democrats. And only one of them, Biden, mentioned the words “personal responsibility” in relation to Covid. He argued that clear guidance needs to come from the top, but ultimately It comes down to personal responsibility. In this context, in a world where mandates aren’t feasible, people need to choose to wear masks, wash your hands, avoid large gatherings, etc., etc.

It’s a conservative argument, which is pretty much the only argument left that is a viable alternative to, “ah +++++ it, let’s close our eyes and cross our fingers while we pretend everything is normal.” 

I just don’t get it. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

I'm curious if the trumpets on this board still think hydroxychloroquine is the first line, cure all therapy for Covid. Or have they accepted science by now?

We like everyone support the latest therapeutics.

25 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Idaho's governor called a 3pm press conference. Probably will announce mask mandate. 

Counties refusing to do anything at all...

Moments after hearing an Idaho hospital was overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients and looking at sending people as far away as Seattle for care, members of a regional health department board voted Thursday to repeal a local mask mandate.

"Most of our medical surgical beds at Kootenai Health are full," Panhandle Health District epidemiologist Jeff Lee told board members in the state's third most populated county.

The hospital in Coeur d'Alene reached 99% capacity a day earlier, even after doubling up patients in rooms and buying more hospital beds. Idaho is one of several states where a surge of COVID-19 infections is overwhelming hospitals, likely in part because cooler weather is sending people indoors, U.S. health officials said.

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

Trump has it right, The cure can't be worse than the disease. Millions of people face starvation:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/covid-19-could-kill-people-hunger-virus-warns-oxfam/

Trump has it exactly wrong. Denial, wishful thinking, and irresponsibility have been devastating. It’s the one thing that has been worse than the supposed cure.

2 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I unplugged over the weekend, are we still rounding the corner?

taking-a-corner-on-two-wheels-fail

We've rounded so many corners that we're basically back to where we started.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Idaho's governor called a 3pm press conference. Probably will announce mask mandate. 

Let’s see if cases actually drop after the mandate.  If they do they will be the first in the country.

• Like 2

All the ICU beds are full in Yellowstone County in Montana right now apparently. 

The Stock Market is doing great today. I'm sure glad they prioritized putting ACB on the Court instead of passing stimulus. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The Stock Market is doing great today. I'm sure glad they prioritized putting ACB on the Court instead of passing stimulus. 

Most likely the reaction to Biden to win the election. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Most likely the reaction to Biden to win the election. 

I don't think it's that. I think it's a reaction to the record number of cases coupled with a series of dire warnings regarding caseloads that have been coming out over the weekend and the dearth of any stimulus being passed before the election. Biden is the preferred candidate of Wall Street, after all ,this election. 

That said, it's been way overinflated so maybe we're about to see a bit of a correction take place. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I don't think it's that. I think it's a reaction to the record number of cases coupled with a series of dire warnings regarding caseloads that have been coming out over the weekend and the dearth of any stimulus being passed before the election. Biden is the preferred candidate of Wall Street, after all ,this election. 

That said, it's been way overinflated so maybe we're about to see a bit of a correction take place. 

I hope we see a much needed correction...  went mostly cash back when the S&P was around 3,500....   Looking for a nice discount to get back in!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

While I am losing all my gains, it at least has afforded me the chance to get back use to investing, and now we may be ready for a little round two of preying off the pain.  Lucky for the young bucks, but real rough for those about to retire or folks about to do a bulk withdrawl.

• Like 1
Just now, NorCalCoug said:

I hope we see a much needed correction...  went mostly cash back when the S&P was around 3,500....   Looking for a nice discount to get back in!

I think we will see one. Things are so out of whack right now it's not funny. 

There's still some bargains to be had, probably, but not many. I think you'll get your wish soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

This is about the time people will start pulling their money out of the market in anticipation of a Biden win. I also agree the Cvirus exploding is for sure playing a big part.