bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

What I meant was I think we are already a good 2-3 weeks in. 

At this point we're already going up.

Containment can help flatten the curve at this point, but we are already on that curve

One of the Final Five..........

1 minute ago, ridgeview2 said:

Wait what?? How does that work? Stone Cold giving the finger to empty seats while shotgunning Coors. 

I have no clue. :lol:

I'm almost tempted to turn it on tomorrow night to see how weird it looks.

@BSUTOP25 your anti-China post was a few pages back but 100%. I’ve been making gallows humor jokes about a new Cold War or a world war being preferable, but seriously +++++ that government. They set everybody up to fail. They’re the worst actor on the world stage. TPP is a must.

• Cheers 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

In case today hasn’t been enough, WW3 continues as air strikes against Iranian back militias are underway after they attacked an Iraqi base and killed 2 Americans.

2020 is lit!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

20 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@BSUTOP25 your anti-China post was a few pages back but 100%. I’ve been making gallows humor jokes about a new Cold War or a world war being preferable, but seriously +++++ that government. They set everybody up to fail. They’re the worst actor on the world stage. TPP is a must.

They also have the opportunity to save us now. Just watched the virologist from NYU on TV discussing plasma treatment from recovered people showing 100 percent effectiveness in a 10 person sample size. With fast track FDA approval, they can have that available within the month.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

They also have the opportunity to save us now. Just watched the virologist from NYU on TV discussing plasma treatment from recovered people showing 100 percent effectiveness in a 10 person sample size. With fast track FDA approval, they can have that available within the month.

I’m sure they developed it in the same lab they released the virus from :ph34r:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Let’s do it!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, NMpackalum said:

I guess Takeda Pharma has been working on it since last week. Big Pharma, love hate relationship.

If we can roll it out within a month boom we have a cure and this is over as quickly as it started.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I guess Takeda Pharma has been working on it since last week. Big Pharma, love hate relationship.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/05/how-blood-plasma-from-recovered-patients-could-help-treat-coronavirus/

With its new treatment, TAK-888, Takeda hopes to create an IVIG from the blood of people who have been infected with the coronavirus and who have recovered. That could create a treatment or prophylactic relatively quickly. It might not need to go through phase I studies to demonstrate basic safety, or larger phase III studies to demonstrate efficacy. That means the treatment could be available sooner.

The other advantage of this approach is that researchers don’t need to figure out which antibodies work best at fighting off the novel coronavirus. They basically import the entire disease-fighting army of antibodies from patients whose bodies have already won. The antibodies in TAK-888 will be more narrowly selected to target coronavirus than those in garden variety IVIG.

How much of this new drug can Takeda make?

“We are not looking at this as a therapy that everyone should go on,” Julie Kim, the president of Takeda’s blood plasma unit, told STAT. “This will be targeted to patients who have severe disease.”

Kim said the hope is that a single donor might provide enough IVIG for a single patient. But it’s also possible that IVIG derived from several people would be needed to treat each patient. Takeda won’t know until it has taken steps to learn how many antibodies are present in patients who have recovered, and what dose of TAK-888 appears necessary to be effective. Those measures, Takeda said, could be discovered without large-scale trials.