bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

24 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Both Rangers and Celtic? That is a strange dynamic given the hatred between the fan bases. 

Anybody cheering for both Rangers and Celtic may be the most bizarre thing ever...but considering the source....

• Like 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'm a fan of Scotland, land of (some of my) my ancestors. Throw Dundalk in there, too, this year.

Well I can tell you from living in Scotland for a number of years, and watching matches at both Celtic Park and Ibrox, over there you are a fan of one and detest the other, usually based on your religious denomination.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Nothing is currently stopping this virus. It’s like a tsunami. The only safe place is high ground (Isolating in your home). Even on high ground you watch everything below you getting destroyed. Mother Nature is kicking our ass and masks/distancing is like trying to surf the tsunami on a sheet of plywood. 

Well except several countries around the world have done very well in Controlling the virus.  They will make it to the vaccines with minimum death and some didn't even lock down.  They just had good leadership and citizens followed the scientific advice.

• Like 1

so my cellphone just buzzed/alarmed (exactly like an Amber alert) from the State, with an emergency COVID-19 is spreading rapidly alert.

so that's new. 

“State of Utah: COVID-19 is spreading rapidly. Record cases. Almost every county is a high transmission area. Hospitals are nearly overwhelmed. By public health order, masks are required in high transmission areas. Social gathering are limited to 10 or fewer. Visit coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-health-guidance-levels to see your county’s information. Be careful!”

Bob being a soccer fan is my surprise for the day.

I always struggled to become a fan of a club. After several WC tournaments I would try to adopt a team to keep watching soccer but it never stuck. I didn't want to be a fan of one of the big clubs but nothing would grab my attention and hold it. Until Leicester went on their run to their championship. That story stuck with me so I started following them and I'm still a fan. Jamie Vardy is my guy.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Bob being a soccer fan is my surprise for the day.

I always struggled to become a fan of a club. After several WC tournaments I would try to adopt a team to keep watching soccer but it never stuck. I didn't want to be a fan of one of the big clubs but nothing would grab my attention and hold it. Until Leicester went on their run to their championship. That story stuck with me so I started following them and I'm still a fan. Jamie Vardy is my guy.

Yea I’ve tried finding a MLS or EPL club to root for, but I’ve never been able to really get invested in one. I’ve always loosely followed Bayern Munich though, pretty happy now that the Bundesliga is on ESPN+ I can watch most of their games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea I’ve tried finding a MLS or EPL club to root for, but I’ve never been able to really get invested in one. I’ve always loosely followed Bayern Munich though, pretty happy now that the Bundesliga is on ESPN+ I can watch most of their games.

I got to watch them play at Allianz Arena a couple years ago. They've been the class of the champions league recently. Amazing team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Oh, cool. I've visited Scotland briefly. Fascinating place. I'd love to go to some matches and sounds like it'd be a great experience to go to Rangers v Celtic. I knew they were rivals, but not aware of the hatred. Celtic has been coming out on top of the league lately, but Rangers look good this year. Scotland's UEFA coefficient has been getting better and better recently 

Rangers chant back in the day:

UDA All the way!

F**k the Pope and the IRA!

For the first hundred years of the team’s existence a Catholic could not play for Rangers. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Check out how much Scotland's club coefficient has improved over the past 5 years.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2020

Still a shadow of what they once were. The Celtic and Aberdeen sides that won European trophies did it with entirely Scottish players. And haven’t made a World Cup in 30 years. Looking good so far in the Euro Championship Group though. 

The US hit an all time high today at over 100,000 positive cases. Deaths are remaining steady at 1,000 per day.

Pfizer is supposed to release preliminary results of their phase three clinical trial the end of next week after the election. Hopefully the news is positive. If a vaccine is shown to be effective it needs to be distributed immediately.